In Firefox 42 with extension 4.4.3, the 1P button didn't respond to clicks [Resolved by a cleanup]

Options
colmenareno
colmenareno
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

In Firefox 42 with extension 4.4.3 the 1P button is visible, but nothing happens when I click on it. I do not get the same problem in MS Internet Explorer (11.0.10240.16590), where your add-in appears as version "4.6.0.592" and the 1P browser button works fine.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• Hi @colmenareno,

The add-on for Internet Explorer doesn't work the same way as the modern browser extensions in other browsers like Firefox, Opera, and Chrome.

It sounds like something's interfering with the connection between the browser extension in Firefox and 1Password Helper.

Can you tell me if you're using a proxy, VPN, or any anti-malware solution that can interfere with the connections on your PC?

• colmenareno
    colmenareno
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your post. No, I m not using proxy nor VPN. No anti-malware solution other than the Defender which came bundled with Windows 10. On reading the word malware in your post, I decided to run AdwCleaner -- it zapped half a dozen things: two Chrome extensions (I don't have Chrome any more so they would have been residual) plus Pokki (which might have come with my Lenovo...). After that, the 1P button in Firefox is now working again.

• Hi @colmenareno,

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know. I would suggest making sure your Lenovo software is up to date, there has been a lot of massive security issues with their products and I would advise uninstalling anything you do not need.

This discussion has been closed.