Nothing happening when clicking "Save new Login" in mini/extension

This discussion was created from comments split from: New login using Safari extension.

Comments

• Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Safari 9.01, when I click on Setup - Save new Login in the extension or in 1Pmini, nothing happens.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dan Richardson,

Sorry you're having trouble getting Save new Login to work. Please try restarting Safari, if you haven't already done that, and see if that makes any difference. If not, please let us know which version of 1Password and which version of the 1Password extension you're using. Plus the URL of any site where this problem happens would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson
    Community Member

It's never worked for me, in the couple of years I've owned 1P4 and 1P5, across at least Yosemite and El Capitan. I've never seen a popup from Save New Login. Currently running version 5.4.1 (541003) and extension 4.4.4. This site right here is an example.

Perhaps some other extension or configuration option is blocking it. I always run WOT and Adblock Plus.

• @Dan Richardson Well that's strange indeed. Adblock Plus has caused some issues with the 1Password extension in the past. To troubleshoot things, I'd recommend simply disabling all browser plugins but 1Password and trying to log in somewhere by manually inputting your credentials (you could just go to mail.google.com to test). Let us know if it prompts you as it should.

• Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson
    Community Member

Disabled Adblock, went to mail.google.com, opened 1P, hit Settings-Save New Login, no response.

• Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson
    Community Member

Let us know if it prompts you as it should.

We may be talking about different things. The auto-prompt to save a new log-in works fine.
    I want to manually save a log-in, which might not have anything to do with the page I'm on.
    Maybe I'm on the phone, and someone gives me a log-in password that I want to save.

As I'm typing this message, I think I figured it out, since it just worked for the first time ever.
    I need to be in an active text box to get the save new login popup.
    Perhaps that restriction could be removed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dan Richardson,

It sounds like you believe you've made some progress and I would like to ensure I understand. If I'm saving a new item using our How to manually save a Login guide, which I believe is your goal, I enter the data into the fields and then I do automatically use the keyboard shortcut to open 1Password mini. I'm not even doing it with a purpose in mind, it's simply automatic. If I understand correctly though you're saying the 1Password Save Login window doesn't open if focus is shifted. Given your experiences can say what I would need to do to reproduce your findings? If there is a bug then I don't think it's been reported before and I will need to create a report.

This discussion has been closed.