Can't login to any sites saved using the browser extension, but can't find certain logins in vault

Options
jasondinner
jasondinner
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi

I'm using Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) and for whatever reason, although I can login to any site with which I have a saved login using the browser extension, I can't see certain logins when I go to the vault from my dock.

And many times I need to see certain logins manually without logging in.

For example I'm trying to use the Skype app on my phone, but I don't know my login and 1password has it, but won't display it. Can't find it when I do the search.

Happens with a lot of my logins.

I save every new login the same way.

Thanks in advance for the help.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: 3.9.22.1
OS Version: Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasondinner,

I suspect that at some point the extension has become disconnected from the main application and the two are no longer keeping their individual vaults (both encrypted) synchronised. When you open your browser does the 1Password 3 Browser Extension have a red exclamation mark in it by any chance? I suspect it will.

Another key piece of information on how to move forward will be which browser do you use with the 1Password 3 Browser Extension. With the answers to both of those (based on my hunch on the first) we can then hopefully proceed forward in getting this resolved :smile:

• jasondinner
    jasondinner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for replying littlebobbytables.

YES! I see the red exclamation mark in the browser extension. I'm using Chrome

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @jasondinner,

My suspicion was correct. The connection that has to exist between the extension and the main application has broken down and as a result there are now items that only exist in the extension. There are a few steps involved here but thankfully it's in one of the browsers we can do something about. I don't know the technical reasons why but the following doesn't work in Firefox.

As there are a few steps and it's something we don't want people doing lightly I will email you shortly regarding this.

ref: ENV-67152-513

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasondinner,

I've tried to email you but the two attempts so far to email the address you registered with here in the forums have been returned to us stating the email address doesn't exist. Can you email us at support@agilebits.com with the subject [#ENV-67152-513] Re: Can't login to any sites saved using the browser extension, but can't find certain logins in vault from a valid email address please.

• jasondinner
    jasondinner
    Community Member
    Options

Message sent. I must have mistyped my email when creating my forum account. I've tried sending myself the confirmation email a bunch of times and never received it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasondinner ,

It looks like Little Bobby has sent an email out to your email address with some fix steps for you! Please let us know if you don't see it. :)

• jasondinner
    jasondinner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan - I got it. Looking through it now. Seems like a lot of work lol

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasondinner,

There are indeed a number of steps. Some of it is because not everything in 1Password 3 still works in the newer versions of OS X, complicating matters. This very scenario is one of the reasons I love how the newer extension interacts with 1Password in versions 4 and newer. The extension, instead of holding a copy of your vault merely acts as a bridge to 1Password mini. This way there is only ever one copy of your vault and both the main window and the extension access it via 1Password mini, ensuring this cannot happen. Let us know how you get along :smile:

This discussion has been closed.