Start over

Options
applepie2020
applepie2020
Community Member

Ok. How do I start fresh? My master pass is not working (again). I don't want to burn time anymore. I did reset my iCloud data, but it still wants to sink with it instead allow me to start a whole new vault. Please help!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

These instructions include directions for removing iCloud data: How do I start over with an empty vault? (iOS)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@applepie2020: Indeed, just follow the instructions in hawkmoth's link to start over completely, and let us know if you have any questions! :)

• applepie2020
    applepie2020
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I did that for the second time. Lost all my files 2 times because the sink faked up. So, I am back for the third time. I am so traumatized. I believe the iCloud still not working. How can I be sure my files are backed up?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @applepie2020,

We recommend backing up following these instructions:

Creating and restoring 1Password backups in iTunes (iOS)

I'd recommend doing that at least once / month, and more frequently if you are frequently making changes to your 1Password data.

Also if iCloud sync is proving to be troublesome for you then you may want to consider another sync solution:

Sync | 1Password for iOS

I hope that helps!

Ben

• applepie2020
    applepie2020
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben for all your kind support. Ben, I noticed a folder in my macbook pro called "Null". I had no idea what was about so I deleted. Then hell broke loose. I had to reformat my mac.. etc.. So, today I returned, got my macbook pro back from the ashes and when I logged back into my icloud from my macbook pro, I noticed that i do not "notice" anything about my 1PASSWORD. I have always sink with iCloud.. Then when I opened up 1password on my macbook pro, I noticed again the "Null"vault password. Please could you let me know if this is normal... Is that how it should be...?

Again, thank you for all your help!
    carla (applepie)

• Ben
    Options

@applepie2020

In order to get a better look at what is going on "under the hood" I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.