On my ChromeBook, I get an error - "Google Chrome OS does not support an external application

M0t0w1lly_
M0t0w1lly_
Community Member

...to handle onepassowrd-extension:links. The link requested is onepassword4-extension://activate/Chrome." The Chrome extension is enabled. It all seems to work harmoniously on my Win7 laptop. What should I do to make 1Password functional on this Toshiba ChromeBook? Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Chromebook
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting

Comments

• Hi @M0t0w1lly_.

The 1Password extension won't work unless the main app is also installed. Can you confirm if you were able to install 1Password on your Chromebook? While 1Password is supported on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, Chrome OS is not a supported platform.

I'm curious if you were able to sideload one of our other versions of 1Password on your Chromebook, and if so, which version?

• M0t0w1lly_
    M0t0w1lly_
    Community Member

I see workarounds but it doesn't look like 1Password will run on the Chrome OS. Disappointing. Given the reach Chrome has with millions of users, it would seem appropriate to support a version to run on Chromebooks. Not saying it should be free... Thanks. Moto

• Thanks for the feedback! While we don't have any immediate plans to add support for Chrome OS, never say never. :) I'll go ahead and add your vote for Chrome OS support. :)

If there's anything else you need, just let us know. Thanks!

• MotoWilly
    MotoWilly
    Community Member

Thanks. Unless I can run 1Password from a thumb drive or find a purely cloud version, it doesn't seem possible to run it on a Chromebook. LastPass is cloud based so I'm trying that. Downside is lots of data to transfer/re-enter into LP.

• You may find 1Password for Teams interesting! It's currently in beta, with support for Android coming very soon. In the future, we will review a similar implementation for personal and family use. :)

This discussion has been closed.