Safari asks to install extension

Options
mrose
mrose
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

The Safari ext is already installed and re installing it does not help. It will not complete log on details on browser. It takes me to help page about security verification but none of the fixes apply to Mac or safari.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:invalid-code-signature-osx

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@mrose have you tried:

• quitting and re-starting Safari; and
    • rebooting your Mac?

Stephen

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrose,

Did Stephen_C's suggestions help you resolve the Safari extension issue? If not, please let us know and we will be happy to keep working on getting your issue straightened out.

• mrose
    mrose
    Community Member
    Options

No it did not. The 1Password tool bar has a note to Add Safari Extension. This is already installed. Trying to use it say there is an invalid signature code and that auto fill will not work until this isa fixed. The suggested fixes do not apply for safari/ MAC

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrose,

Can I ask a couple of questions please.

1. What version of OS X are you running?
    2. What version of 1Password are you running?
    3. What version of Safari are you running?
    4. What version of the 1Password extension is installed?

This may shed some light as to the issue but either way supplies some valuable information as to your setup. Hopefully this will narrow down the cause.

• mrose
    mrose
    Community Member
    Options

OS X is El Capitan, Safari is version 9.0.1, I re-loaded both 1Password and the Safari ext from Agile web site so they should be the latest ones. On my MacPro laptop this is all working fine but that is running OS X Yosemite so may be there is a clue there?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrose,

Although I'm not sure exactly what's causing the problem, I wonder if it might help to install the 1Password extension from the Safari Extension Gallery instead of from our own site. You'll need to uninstall the current 1Password extension from Safari first. Here are the steps to do all that:

• Open Safari and go to the menu for Safari > Preferences.
    • Select Extensions, click on the 1Password extension, and click Uninstall (confirm you want to uninstall).
    • Close the Preferences window, then go to Safari > Safari Extensions.
    • If 1Password is listed at the top, click on that (if not, you can search for it in the 'Search' field).
    • Click the Install now link.

Once the extension is (re)installed, try it again. If the same problem happens, try restarting Safari (and if it still doesn't work, try rebooting your Mac). Is there any change, or do you still have the same problem?

• mrose
    mrose
    Community Member
    Options

I did this and the problem remains. See screen shot

• mrose
    mrose
    Community Member
    Options

also the main Password toolbar is giving me an option to install the Safari extension even tho this is already installed. this goes when i use the app. i can open and auto fill web pages from the main app just not from the web extension

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrose,

Thanks for the screenshot! I think you may have already tried the steps in this knowledgebase article, but just in case you haven't: How to resolve “code signature could not be verified” (Mac)

If you've already tried those steps, then in order to help us figure out what's going wrong, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.