How do I transfer passwords from True Key? [Converter Available]

Options
robbierob
robbierob
Community Member
edited March 2016 in Mac

How do I transfer passwords from McAfee's True Key to 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Transfer from True Key

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @robbierob ,

I can't tell for sure, but according to various discussions I've read at the TrueKey website, they have been promising an Export feature for quite a while, and have yet to deliver.

You'll need to be able to export your data (in a robust, unencrypted format). Can you check if you are able to, and if so, which formats?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robbierob,

MrC is quite the expert when it comes to importing data from other apps into 1Password, so hopefully he'll be able to help you out with this - although as he said, it really depends on whether or not TrueKey allows you to export your data, and in what format. We look forward to hearing back from your about that! :)

• glenng5566
    glenng5566
    Community Member
    Options

Intel True Key does have an export function. It exports a json file. What is the timeline to get an import feature added to 1password for this format?

• Hi @glenng5566 ,

We currently do not have a timeline on importing data in json format. To be honest, I believe this is the first instance of a password manager we've seen that exports as JSON. Does True Key have an option to export as CSV or another format?

Regards,
    Kevin

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@glenng5566,

I can take a look at creating a converter if it does export un-encrypted JSON. However, I'm still pretty swamped right now.

@ag_kevin - both Clipperz and F-Secure Key export as JSON.

• glenng5566
    glenng5566
    Community Member
    Options

There is no option to export to .csv. The only way to export is to a .json file and it is unencrypted.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

@glenng5566 ,

The converter only took a few minutes to create, so I have one available for you to test. Download the 1.09 version of the converter in Testing Bits, as mentioned in the converter suite. The README.pdf has instructions.

I didn't create an extensive list of login entries, just a few samples, so let me know if you find any issues.

True Key version required is 1.12, and it exports only Logins.

• TomCruise
    TomCruise
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mrc!

First of all thanks for making this tool, really appreciate it! Im trying to switch from truekey to lastpass and move all my passwords over

Once i have exported my truekey passwords into a .json file that it gives it

I then try to drag that file into your apple script utility but there is no option to select Truekey

What should i do? I tried reading the instructions but i dont see a mentionned soloution for truekey :(

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi (probably not THE) @TomCruise,

You're welcome.

Sorry, I'd forgotten to update the AppleScript Helper with the TrueKey definition. I've just updated the 1.09 version in Testing Bits. Grab the update!

• TomCruise
    TomCruise
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! trying it now :) you're a lifesaver.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TomCruise,

I hope that with Mr.C's help, you are now all set up with your data securely inside 1Password, but if you have any other questions, we're here for yoU!

This discussion has been closed.