1Password repeatedly crashes when trying to edit Tags

Options
h34i
h34i
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

1Password repeatedly crashes when trying to add or edit Tags on entries.

The crash comes when I press the Tag form (the one below Notes).

It doesn't crash every time, but often.

1Password Version: 540046
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:crash

Comments

• Hey @h34i,

Sorry to hear that. Could you explain a bit more about when the crash happens? When you say it's "when I press the Tag form" are you clicking it when editing an item or viewing one? And is that when a tag is already in item or are you adding a completely new one? I'll try to reproduce this on my end and see what I find. :)

• h34i
    h34i
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @penderworth, thanks for your reply.

The crash happens when I'm editing existing items, trying to add a tag to where there previously were no tags.

I'm not sure if sequence (e.g. editing other fields before the tag field) makes a difference - I don't think it does - but it may be that the problem happens more frequently if you edit password first.

But I think this is probably a general bug related to the tag field. It's pretty pervasive (about 3/10 times it will crash) so you shouldn't have much difficulties in reproducing it. Let me know if you need any more information or parameters.

This happens with all types of 1Password entries, and it can crash for any item, and suddenly work after the application reloads.

• @h34i Thanks for the additional details. I'll need just a few more things to make sure I test as thoroughly as possible:

• What kind of items are you editing when this happens?
    • Are you using the version of 1Password from the AgileBits Store or Mac App Store?
    • Are the tags already in another item (in your database) or are you creating new ones for the first time?
  • h34i
    h34i
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth

• Mainly login items
    • Mac App Store
    • The tags already exist. But the crash happens when clicking on the tag field, even before I type the first letter. (Will have to confirm this)
  • @h34i A few of us just tried to reproduce it with the same setup as you were mentioning and we weren't able to. Don't worry, though! We have other ways of finding out what's going on. :) I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

We'll take a look at the report and let you know what we find. Thanks!

• h34i
    h34i
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth I've sent it to you now.
    Thanks for helping out.

• Jacob
    edited November 2015
    Options

@h34i I wasn't able to find anything after searching for the email address you used to sign up on these forums. Could you post the BitBot confirmation number you received from us?

ref: RRV-97229-839

• h34i
    h34i
    Community Member
    Options

@penderworth

I'm not using the same email.

RRV-97229-839

• @h34i Thanks for sending that over! We'll take a look at it and see what we find. Talk to you soon. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.