Insecure Connection Message

error message when trying to Auto fill on certain sites
Hello
My first post :o

I have just downloaded 1Password and am just setting up sites for Auto Fill, and have just encounter the following error message from one off them on testing the log in

ERROR - Insecure Connection.

You must connect over ssl.

I have only set up 4 logins to date and this is the only one to give me this message, its not a sensitive site, far from it, just a clothing supplier here in the UK :(

So can anyone give me advice please ? :?:

Thanks

Ken

Comments

• bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello KenO and welcome to the Forums!

Would you be willing to provide the URL for the site where you are experiencing this error?

In addition, please let us know your current version for the OS X, 1Password application and the browser(s) you are using.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Brandt
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Hey Ken,

I don't believe you will ever get an error like that from 1Password. What you are seeing is most likely an error from the website itself or from your browser. 1Password doesn't monitor your connection but simply fills in forms. Check out this other thread for some advanced tips and tricks regarding secure connections. That is something that your web browser handles.

Please do provide the URL, though. We may be able to help straighten out the confusion. :-)

Thanks!
  • Hello
    Thanks for the speedy reply, I have so far set up 10 logins, all work fine except for one Cotton Traders a clothing web site here in England at URL below

http://www.cottontraders.co.uk/

I am using Safari 5.0.5

OX is Snow leopard 10.6.7

All other logins work well

Regards
    Ken
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Using the above technique I was able to save and fill a sample login in Safari at:

https://www.cottontraders.co.uk/bin/venda?ex=co_wizr-register&bsref=cottontraders

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. :-)

If you are still having trouble, please take a look at our "Website Login Issues" guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/login_issues.html

Note especially that editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it or are looking for a literal key press or mouse click. This will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • KenO
    edited June 2011
    Thank You khad

That worked for me :)

so all my logins now work, I appreciate your help, I love the software, it only my second day using it but really like the ease of logging into sites

Thank you once again for such top class support

Ken
  • KenO
    edited June 2011
    Update

I liked it so much I purchased after 2 days of use tremendous software :D

Thank You

Ken
  • Ken,

On behalf of Khad, you are very welcome!

I'm happy that everything is working for you, and I am ecstatic to hear that you've purchased 1Password!

Welcome to the family!

Cheers!

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.