Wi-Fi syncing from iPhone 6 iOS 9.1 version 6.1.1 Pro app to Windows 10 PC 4.6.0.592

I have been using 1Password forever on my iPhones. I upgraded to 1Password Pro 7-9-15. I just purchased & installed 1Password for Windows. I am now trying to sync my iPhone vault to my PC via WiFi. The iPhone does not see the PC server. Both are on the same local subnet. I can ping the server from the iPhone & the iPhone from the server. Bonjour is installed on my PC running fully updated Windows 10 64 bit.Previously I had the iPhone syncing to iCloud & this still works if I choose that sync type. There are two Inbound Rules in the Windows Firewall: TCP & UDP. Both allow all ports. Both list 1password.exe as the Program. When I installed 1Password for Windows I set up a new vault on the PC but can not figure out how to change or access it. HELP!!!

1Password Version: iOS app 6.1.1, Windows 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: Firefox 4.4.3
OS Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:Wi-Fi sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DragRacerX: It sounds like you're on the right track! Also make sure that you add an exception for Bonjour as well though, as that's what's going to allow device discovery. And follow the steps in this guide to narrow down the problem if you're still having trouble:

Wi-Fi troubleshooting

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• DragRacerX
    DragRacerX
    Community Member

There was already 4 exceptions for Bonjour (TCP & UDP - ALL Local & Remote Ports - 32bit & 64bit). I disabled the Wndows 10 firewall - No Change. I disabled Avast Antivirus - No Change. I am now looking into how to do the ad-hoc wireless network on Windows 10.

• Hi @DragRacerX,

Did you also check to make sure your PC is discoverable on the network? It's mentioned in the guide above but here's how to check: Open Settings on your PC, go to Network, click on your Wi-Fi or Ehternet and turn on Make this PC discoverable.

Restart 1Password and see if this helps.

• DragRacerX
    DragRacerX
    Community Member

I set up the ad-hoc wireless network and connected to it - I started the W-Fi Sync Service - it says: Syncing... - Last Sync: Never synced - Items 170. It has been that way for over 15 minutes. NOTHING takes 15 minutes to accomplish on my network & PC. HELP !!!

• That sounds like it is stuck on an item. Please generate the 1Password diagnostics report after this and email it to us, so we can see what's happening in the background. This guide will explain how: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• DragRacerX
    DragRacerX
    Community Member

Followed 1Password Diagnostics Report procedure above as requested & sent email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DragRacerX: I'm not seeing any emails from this address. Can you post the Support ID you were given by BitBot so we can track down your message? Thanks! :)

• @DragRacerX - Thanks we have received your diagnostics report and we will reply via email shortly.

ref: TAI-87731-673

• DragRacerX
    DragRacerX
    Community Member

I had already quit / disabled Avast and put that in my message. But, I went in and turned ALL of Avast off with no change. So, I have given up on WiFi-syncing. On the old FREE 1Password, syncing with WiFi was no problem at all.

You were right, setting up DropBox was a snap. Works fine & hopefully lasts a long time... Thanks for your efforts & time!

This ticket can be closed

• Hi @DragRacerX,

I'm glad switching to Dropbox has resolved the issue for you. Thanks for letting us know!

The older Wi-Fi system has its own issues that caused us to rewrite it and use a tested Bonjour solution that works for more people than the previous solution. Sadly, even this solution has proven to be problematic for people with certain setups and we haven't found a better solution yet. Wi-Fi Sync is one of the most difficult things to work with because of how each user has a different network setup with their own router, firewalls, anti-malware and so on.

The reason Dropbox and other cloud sync solutions work extremely well is because it just needs the Internet access on the computer itself, it removes your entire network setup out of the equation and keeps it simple.

This discussion has been closed.