Import and Export existing 1Password vaults

Options

Hello,
I have several 1Password vaults that I would now like to make visable for my Teams. How can I copy and paste complete vaults into 1Password for Teams? I couldn't find an Export and Import function.
Alternativly I would like to move saved Passwords from vault to vault within the Iphone app or Mac app.
Thanks for any Feedback.
Christian

Comments

• seltzdesign
    seltzdesign
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

If you have the Mac app, then if you go to a vault and select "All items", then press Cmd+A to select all items. Right-click and select Share, you will get a dropdown with all your vaults. Then go to one of them and select either copy or move. I know its not so obvious and took me a while to find. Just tried copying all our items to a new team vault and it worked straight away.

Hope that helps.

Armin.

• EIM_E_Commerce
    EIM_E_Commerce
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I'm working with 1Password4 on a Windows 7 machine and now we're having 1Password for Teams as well.
    How do I export my Vault from 1Password4 into 1Password for Teams?

Kind regards,
    Diane

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Christian ( @cerh1207 ),

I hope that Armin's answer has helped you out - he's right, the 'Share' menu on Mac will allow you to move items between vaults. We also have a guide in our Knowledgebase that can help you out: Moving data from a personal vault to a Team vault.

Hi Diane ( @EIM_E_Commerce ),

Unfortunately 1Password for Windows isn't set up with Teams compatibility yet, so data will need to be migrated manually, unless you have access to a Mac somewhere on your team. I apologize for the inconvenience, our Windows devs are working on implementing Teams support just as soon as possible.

• TooTall4U
    TooTall4U
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same questions. I've been using 1Password on my Mac, and sharing vaults between 2 co-workers. I would like to switch to 1Password for Teams. Is that a whole separate app? I'm only working with the online version so far....how do I get my passwords out of the personal version and into the team version?

Thanks.

• jimmy_smutek
    jimmy_smutek
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I'm having issues here as well and unfortunately the given instructions aren't intuitive for me.

Currently I have my existing 1Password vaults set up and accessible via the 1Password desktop app, with my vaults synced via dropbox.

I've just signed on for the Teams beta which appears to be only a web app, and currently consists of 2 empty vaults.

When logged in to the desktop app, my personal 1Password instance, I see no way to connect to the teams app, and as such there is no option to copy to my teams vault. When I right click and choose copy, or move, I only see the other of my 2 personal vaults. There is no option to copy to the team vault.

• jimmy_smutek
    jimmy_smutek
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I'm all set.

I didn't realize that I had to activate beta builds via the apps preferences/updates pane.

For anyone else running into this - from your existing desktop app go to preferences/updates, select the tick box for beta builds, then update to the latest beta version. Once this is complete, log back in to your vault, go to preferences, look for the teams section, and authenticate your account as instructed.

From this point your team vaults should also show up in the last pass desktop app.

• Hi @TooTall4U ,

See jimmy_smutek's response. If you activate the beta, you can use 1Password For Mac with teams, and then move or copy any items from one vault to another using the share menu. If you have any questions, please reply.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• TooTall4U
    TooTall4U
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! It works great now.

• Glad to hear!

• coolerking
    coolerking
    Community Member
    Options

Because this requires a beta, would I be correct in assuming it is not possible to share to a team if you purchased through the Mac App Store?

• @coolerking You can actually just switch to the AgileBits Store version of the app. This guide will help you with that. :) Once you're on the AgileBits Store version, you can grab the beta by following this guide. Let us know if you have any questions about it.

• Polarose
    Polarose
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

how to mass migrate vault with a iPhone app? is there a way?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Polarose,

Unfortunately mass migration is not possible with 1Password for iOS at this time. It’s a popular feature request and I’d be happy to add your vote, but for now you’re best off using a desktop version of 1Password to perform the migration. Do you have access to a Mac?

• Polarose
    Polarose
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan, in short, i manually migrated them in 4 days. so its no problem now.
    i do have access to a mac, but its different iCloud ID from my iPhone (due to traveling overseas frequently issues).
    i cannot link two sync ways with same vault to work. ( dropbox not usable in China on day-to-day base)
    luckily your team/family product solved the problem nicely.
    now i just sync all into network team account with all device instead.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like it was a bit of an ordeal, but I'm glad to hear that you were ultimately victorious! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.