How to use 2 account on Facebook and switch between them without logging out

kdhooghe
kdhooghe
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm currently testing 1password and have a small problem/question.

I think what I want is not possible but want to double check it with you.

I have 2 Facebook accounts (myself and my wife). So, I save a login for both accounts in 1password. However, when I log on to account A and want to switch immediately to account B, it keeps me in account A unless I explicitly first log out on Account A in FB. Closing the tab only in Safari or even the full browsers keeps the issue, I always get logged into account A even when I choose account B in 1password. The only solution is to logout first of account A before I can switch to account B.

So, is there a way you can switch between accounts without first needing to log out of the previous Facebook account ?

I hope I was clear enough in my explanation.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Kris

Comments

• Hey @kdhooghe! This is a limitation in the browser itself, with the way it stores cookies. Your session with Facebook will be kept unless you log out, and the site will not allow you to have more than one session, as most websites don't. You can, however, use a different browser for the second account. Or, you can open a private browsing window (also called Incognito in Chrome) by selecting the appropriate option from your browser's File menu or using the ⌘ Shift N shortcut on your keyboard. You can still use 1Password to fill things in that window as long as you don't have it disabled during private browsing. Let us know if that helps. :)

• kdhooghe
    kdhooghe
    Community Member

Hi there,
    Thanks for the swift reply, it is what I expected. I'm afraid your approach is going to make it too complex for my wife :-), I guess we will have to live with it.
    Regards,
    Kris

• @kdhooghe No problem at all. I'm sorry there's not much more we can do. I personally have gotten used to using a different window for another account. If you're managing a page in Facebook, you can always link it to your other account. I'm not quite sure what the use case is, but that may help. Otherwise, the easiest for her is probably logging out and logging in again. 1Password makes the login a bit faster at least.

• kdhooghe
    kdhooghe
    Community Member

No problem, thanks for your help.

• :+1: :eh:

This discussion has been closed.