Hello, I have just purchased 1Password. I have a query about passwords for banks and CC's.

Options
JohnMell
JohnMell
Community Member

Using the password generator provides an ideal password, however, on banks and credit card websites logging in requires random digits from the password to be entered as well as a pin.
Is there anyway that 1Password can deal with this so that I do not have to write the password down? (which is why I wanted a password manager)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:fix-website-login

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@JohnMell you have not said what version of 1Password you are running. However, if it's 1P 5.4 you should investigate this:

Although it may not look helpful you'll find when you use that on a password field and select large type it will display the password in large type with each character numbered consecutively—making it easy for you to select the relevant characters.

Sadly, there's no way for 1Password automatically to select for you randomly required characters for that type of login.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JohnMell,

I hope Stephen's suggestion was helpful for you! If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.