Happy new user, although a couple issues

Options
woodmeister
woodmeister
Community Member

I have been debating for quite some time over a password manager and finally
decided to get 1Password for my iDevices as well as my Macs and I am glad I did.
I now have passwords for all my accounts that I can't possibly remember (which was
quoted by someone as being the best) and have found 1Password integrate nearly
perfectly with Safari and easily accessible for getting those user names and
passwords for applications that require it.

I only found 2 "foopahs".

The first, which after scanning this site is a very common one, is auto fill in of the
Citibank site. Tried all of the tricks that were posted and none of them seemed to
work. Fortunately, with the 1Password extension, it is quite simple to just copying
paste the password. From all I read here, Citibank seems to be a moving target.

The second issue was in the process updating the passwords in around 40 sites,
not once was I presented with an "update site password" dialog. It did not matter
whether "fill" or "copy" then paste was chosen in changing the passwords. Fortunately,
autosaving saving new passwords is part of the app. I then copied them into the sites
password fields and all was good.

iCloud syncing seems flawless across all of my iDevices and my Macs (real bonus here).

I would really like to give a five star rating to 1Password, however because of the fact
that changing passwords and updating the site's data was not handled properly, I
will only be able to give a 4.99.

1Password Version: 5.4 MacAppStore, 6.1.1 iOS
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1, iOS 9.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @woodmeister,

I'm really happy to hear you decided on using 1Password as your password manager, it means a lot to us! :)

Citibank seems to be a moving target.

Yeah, that's probably the best way to describe it! :lol: The Citi login sites are notorious for not playing nice with 1Password, and it seems like every time our developers make a change to work correctly on those sites, Citi makes a change that causes more trouble for our extension.

However, it should still be possible to get this to work, possibly with a little tweaking. I've had the most luck with these two login sites:

For example, open the first link above, then follow these steps to save a new Login for that site. Once you've done that, open the main 1Password app, find the new Login item you just saved, and check the username field. If it contains several asterisks in the middle, click Edit and enter your correct username in that field, then click Save. Go back to one of the above sites and have 1Password try to fill the form using that new Login item. Does it work?

The second issue was in the process updating the passwords in around 40 sites, not once was I presented with an "update site password" dialog. It did not matter whether "fill" or "copy" then paste was chosen in changing the passwords.

Now that's strange: We're aware of an issue where 1Password doesn't prompt to update a Login with the new password if you use the Fill button, but it should work as expected if you copy/paste the generated password into the 'change password' form. Do you click the ▼ button next to 'Fill' and choose Copy? Or do you highlight the generated password and copy it via the ⌘C keyboard shortcut (or Edit > Copy)? If you haven't already done so, please try highlighting the password and then copy/paste it (via keyboard shortcut or menu item) into the form. Does that make any difference?

Alternately, I believe this bug has been fixed in the latest 1Password extension beta. If you'd like to try the beta extension, just follow these steps:

Hopefully that helps. Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

ref: OPX-546
    ref: OPX-1049

This discussion has been closed.