Removing old versions in "Extensions" folder

Hi everybody,

a satisfied 1Password for Mac (and iPhone/iPad) user here - I have a short question as I am very anal about keeping my computer clean (call me "Monk" ...): I have some old 1Password browser extensions in Library-Application Support-1Passwort Extensions. Is it save to delete them? At least the ones in the folders for old builds? I would only delete the Firefox ones which I even don't have installed on my system anymore ...

Would be nice if somebody could give the okay or a warning not to do so. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Welcome to the forums, zivilars!

Thanks for asking about this. You can always safely delete the entire "Extensions" folder in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/ because 1Password will recreate it next time you launch it. As you suggest, you could simply delete the older extension versions, but even if you delete the whole thing you are safe. They do no harm there, but as someone who has gotten out a tape measure just to arrange living room furniture before, I understand your plight. :-)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!
  • Hi khad,

thanks a lot for your nice answer - now I know what to do. Please keep up the good work, 1Password is a real nice program - I waited too long to check it out, but didn't regret the buy one minute ... Thanks again and Greetings from Germany!
This discussion has been closed.