New Java New Browser No 1Passwords work

Options
dphotoman
dphotoman
Community Member

I have a mac,, Using OS10.11.1. Just moved to Java as suggested. Now 1Password doesn't open any sites I have protected with 1Password. I am really screwed in that I don't remember any of them in that I haven't needed to for so long. I need immediate help. Megan HELP ME PLEEEEZZZZEE. Sync dropbox. and 1Password . Id don't remember and am afraid to leave this email for fear I'll never get back. PSW 5, 5.4.1 (541003)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dphotoman
    dphotoman
    Community Member
    Options

I think I gave everything I know or could find out,

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@dphotoman please explain exactly what you mean by:

Just moved to Java as suggested

Please tell us:

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dphotoman,

So the first question I would ask of you is can you unlock your vault in 1Password and can you see the contents of your vault from the main 1Password window?

If you can then you relax a little because even if the extension is messing you around, at least you know you have your vault and as a worst case scenario, copy and paste will work for 99.x% of sites out there.

We don't use Java at all in either the main application or the extension, in fact I would only install Java in OS X if you have specific reason for doing so. Most people don't actually need it and so it becomes only another piece of software to keep up to date. Instead the extension makes use of JavaScript that but this is something the browser takes care of.

So I think we need to ask a couple of questions.

1. You've told us you're running 1Password 5.4.1 which also tells us you're an AgileBits Store user.
    2. As Stephen_C asked, what is your preferred browser and the version of that browser?
    3. What version of the 1Password extension is installed? (again, Stephen_C got in there before me)

The next is to ask if it is a particular route to filling that doesn't work or if it's all of them. The three key ways to fill are:

1. Clicking on the website field of a Login item in the main 1Password window. This should pass the URL to your default browser and once loaded the extension should fill. This is called open and fill.
    2. Opening 1Password mini either by clicking the 1Password Browser Extension icon, the 1Password mini icon in your OS X menu bar or using the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\ to open 1Password mini. You can search for an item and if it isn't for the page that is open in your browser it should open a new tab and attempt to perform open and fill.
    3. If you are on a login page and want 1Password to fill using a Login item then the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ attempts to fill the currently open page.

Are certain ones working or is it the case that none of them are? This will help us gauge the potential issue and how to proceed.

This discussion has been closed.