Firefox v42 + El Capitan = 0Password

JaggEdges
JaggEdges
Community Member

I couldn't make the 1P extension fill in any forms using Firefox and Chrome v46 after upgrading to EC. Safari also didn't work, until I tried the beta version which enabled 1P to fill-in forms and login. Are there any fixes available?

I also did something I have not tried before and wasn't sure if it caused the problem. I installed Windows 10 VM using Parallels Desktop. I used the same vault being used by the host MAC pc which was located in my Dropbox folder which is stored in an NTFS partition (I use Paragon's NTFS driver). Essentially, the same vault is serving up both Mac & Windows (v4.6) versions of 1Password. Safari works but it doesn't have a Windows version so it's not like Firefox/Chrome which has both MAC and Windows versions. Could it have caused the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Jag

1Password Version: 5.4.1 (541003)
Extension Version: 4.5.0.b2
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• owazir
    owazir
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

EDIT: Now it stopped working again. It did work for a few minutes :|

I had to apply an update to El Capitan and to 1Password to get the extension manger in Firefox, Chrome and Safari to work.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JaggEdges ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the browser extension in Chrome and Firefox. I just want to make sure that I understand: the release version of the extension completely failed to fill on each website you tried, but the beta extension is behaving properly for you?

Did you reinstall the extension in each browser? Or are you using the beta extension only in Safari?

I also did something I have not tried before and wasn't sure if it caused the problem. I installed Windows 10 VM using Parallels Desktop.

There are a lot of us on the AgileBits team who have partitions installed on our systems with multiple versions of 1Password, so having a Dropbox vault shared between the Mac and Windows partitions shouldn't cause any trouble with filling.

Were you seeing an error when you attempted to fill? The more detail you can provide, the more likely we'll be able to figure out where things are getting tangled up.

Hi @owazir,

Let's see if we can figure out where things are getting tangled up. I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • What is the version number of your browser extension? (This can normally be found in the browser’s preferences, in the ‘extensions’ pane.)
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• JaggEdges
    JaggEdges
    Community Member

H! Megan,

For some reason, yesterday the extension started to work. Then today, when I booted up, I noticed the dashlane logo on the browser grayed out. I removed and re-installed and restarted FF v42 and the extension has a green dot again. If this becomes a nuisance, I'd have to resort to using only Safari, since it's the only browser that dashlane seems to work with El Capitan. This issue seems to also hold for Chrome in El Capitan. The error seems to have something to do with signed certificates.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JaggEdges,

So is the current situation that multiple extensions in Firefox are acting up but totally wiping Firefox and starting afresh resolved whatever the issue was but the issue still persists in Chrome?

Can I ask:

1. Have you checked to see if there are any pending updates waiting for Chrome? This does interfere with the extension until the update is complete by restarting Chrome.
    2. When you say you booted up do you send your Mac to sleep or do you fully close it down? I"m just wondering if you've done a complete reboot of the Mac since these troubles started.
This discussion has been closed.