1Password in Firefox is not responding to the clicks

Options

Comments

• Pred
    Pred
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Similar issue here. When I open Firefox the 1P button is visible, but nothing happens when I click on it. Ctrl + \ opens up a 1P pop-up menu but with very restricted functionality. Doesn't fill-in the login fields nor opens URL, have to copy/paste all manually. Fast forward: After loging into Agilebits support site, the 1P buttons starts behaving as supposed to. Close Firefox and start from scratch and the issue is back. At the same time the 1P button in IE11 works fine. Also, I get the Firefox browser site verification error on a seldom basis. No amount of fixes and restarts helped. No other remedies helped either. No Lenovo hardware involved.

Firefox 42
    1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
    Extension Version: 4.4.3
    OS Version: Windows 7
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Which extensions are you using in Firefox?

• Pred
    Pred
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again. Please do not delete my comment again. I am having the same issue with 1P extension for Firefox. In Firefox 42 with extension 4.4.3 the 1P button is visible, but nothing happens when I click on it. I do not get the same problem in MS Internet Explorer (11.0.10240.16590), where your add-in appears as version "4.6.0.592" and the 1P browser button works fine. The remedy that helped 'colmenareno' user did not help me. The extension starts to work only after I manually log in to any site by copying and pasting my login credentials from 1P application. After I close Firefox browser when I open the browser again the issue returns. I repeat, this doesn't happen on IE11. Can you please resolve 1P incompatibility with Firefox folks? Thanks.

• Pred
    Pred
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I am using:
    1Password - 4.4.3
    iCloud Bookmarks - 1.4.14.1
    Skype Click to Call - 7.5.0.9082

• Pred
    Pred
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Noticed a new thread on thsi topic and moved my comment over there.

• Hi @Pred,

We apologize about that, when we split posts from other threads into its own thread, we usually follow up explaining what we've done. When someone reply to an old thread with an issue and it wasn't resolved by something that was resolved for the original poster, that usually means it is something else, therefore the posts aren't related and needs to be moved into its own thread.

I've merged your comments from the other thread into this one as well, so everything is now in one thread.

There are no known 1Password compatibility issues with Firefox, often this is a configuration issue on the user's system, not 1Password.

Could you reproduce the problem in Firefox and then generate the 1Password diagnostic report afterward to collect the logs to be sent to us for analysis. This article will explain how to do this: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Let us know when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Pred
    Pred
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Mike,
    Thank you for assisting with this issue. I have sent an email as instructed. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Best.

• Pred
    Pred
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again. Let me add few more details about what I tested today. This seems to be an issue not only with 1P Firefox extension but also with 1P windows application and how it communicates with Firefox browser.

Here are the steps I did and issues as a result of it:
    1) Unlock 1P windows application (not the 1P Firefox extension)
    2) Search for a saved login entry
    3) Double-click on it
    4) A login web page opens in Firefox browser but login fields are not filled with values saved in 1P - they stay blank
    5) Complete a manual login directly on a web page
    6) Go back to 1P application while keeping Firefox open (you can log out or not from the web page, irrelevant)
    7) Double-click on the same login entry or any other login entry in 1P windows app
    8) A new login web page opens AND login fields are filled with values saved in 1P
    9) 1P extension for Firefox also works fine and offers a match for the current web page
    10) Close Firefox and we are back to square one - 1P application and 1P extension for Firefox do not work properly

From the above you can see that I did not try to use 1P extension for Firefox at all and yet the 1P windows app would not fill in the login fields unless as described above. To me this is truly an issue between 1P app and Firefox, not just 1P extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2015
    Options

@Pred: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

Update: I've replied via email, so be sure to take a look there and get back to me with your results. Thanks!

ref: PZH-45154-126

This discussion has been closed.