Settings screen: Syncing and Vaults necessary to be separate?

holgr
holgr
Community Member
edited November 2015 in iOS

This is not a bug per se, just a thing I noticed in the latest betas since Teams was added. In the Settings screen the Sync view now only shows the number of items synced. Nothing else. It's "wasting" a lot of screen estate, maybe it would make more sense to have it show in the Vaults screen?

At the same time I keep going back there to sometimes force a re-sync, for example when I recently added an item on my Mac. For that I now have to go two levels deep into the Vaults and select the appropriate vault and then hit "Sync Now".

While I believe the latter is an edge case for the normal user, the almost empty "Sync" screen looks a bit jarring.

1Password Version: 6.2 (620006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2 (13C75)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @holgr,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. I've also been noticing how empty the Settings > Sync screen looks when switched to All Vaults or a Teams vault (especially on an iPad), wondering what might nicely fill that void.

…, maybe it would make more sense to have it show in the Vaults screen?

I'm having trouble visualizing what you're thinking could be shown there. Can you clarify that a bit?

Perhaps not a bug, but that's how we've got it filed in our tracker and I've added your feedback/suggestion there. Thanks again!

ref: OPI-3220

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Hi @sjk,

thanks for your reply! What I mean is would it make more sense to have the number of synced items show up in the vaults section (perhaps even with # of items per vault) and then remove the "Sync" item completely?

Hope that clarifies what I meant. :-)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Very clear now, @holgr. :lol:

I can imagine Settings > Sync being removed, along with N items counts displayed for each vault under Settings > Vaults similar to how N vaults is displayed for All Vaults there.

And depending on the active vault view, Settings > Vaults > VaultName without a vault switch can be equivalent to Settings > Sync with a vault switch.

There will be reasons for keeping Settings > Sync and objections if it's removed, but I personally wouldn't miss it.

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

I'd only miss it because of the ease of forcing a re-sync, but since that feature has already been moved further away from the user...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @holgr,

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll share your thoughts with our iOS team. :)

This discussion has been closed.