dmlgcl
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

First, to get some basics out of the way:

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
Safari 9.0.1
1Password 5.4
1Password Safari Extension 4.4.4

After upgrading to El Capitan, I can not get the 1Password extension to go to websites and auto fill when selecting the login item from the browser extension icon, nor will it autofill username and password info if I manually browse to the website first. Something seems to be very broken. Fortunately, everything seems to be working on iMac running 10.9.5. Using Dropbox sync, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated,

• David

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmlgcl,

Can I just clarify one aspect, am I correct in understanding that you say clicking the 1Password Safari Extension icon does show you your vault and will even correctly identify matching Login items if you have a web page open, it's only after selecting an item to fill that the expected behaviour doesn't happen?

• dmlgcl
    dmlgcl
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. In Safari, if I browse to a website that has a saved login, when I click on the 1Password Extension icon, it does not "match" the login item. If I then manually select it from the list of Logins, the 1P "sheet" goes away but nothing is filled in.

With a new Safari window (or tab), if I click on the 1Password Extension icon and select a particular Login item, nothing happens. It does not go to the webpage of the Login selected. Unexplainably, there are a few Login items where it does go to the webpage, but does not fill in the login information. I have not been able to determine what the pattern of when it goes to a page or not. Actually, same login item now has done both. :(

Not sure what is going on. This is on a clean install of El Capitan on a brand new user account on a new 12" MacBook. 1P keychain sync'ed over and items loaded no problem. The Safari extension just seems to be non-functional.

As further debug information: A slightly older version of Safari on a old (old) MacBook Air (same 1P keychain, and Dropbox account) seems to be working (though not entirely reliably). Info below:

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11
    Safari 9.0
    1Password 5.3 (Mac App Store)
    1Password Safari Extension 4.4.3

So it does seem to be a problem related to the latest combination of 1Password Extension 4.4.4 and Safari 9.0.1. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @dmlgcl,

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

I'm running Safari 9.0.1 here and I routinely jump between the stable version (4.4.4) of the Safari extension and the beta version for testing and troubleshooting so I don't believe we're looking at a generic issue that affects all copies of the extension. Obviously something isn't clicking and with a little luck the diagnostic report will help highlight whatever it is.

• dmlgcl
    dmlgcl
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

The Diagnostics Report has been created and sent to email listed.

A little more info from tonight: I noticed that some of the logins were not correctly created in this keychain and missing the website information. I believe this is the cause of the "no match" when already at a given website. (Sorry, that I missed this.) However, for the correctly formed login items, I still do get inconsistent results when selecting them from a blank window, new tab, or while on a different website in Safari. Sometimes the new webpage is loaded, other times nothing happens.

Thanks again.

ref: ESQ-79235-764

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmlgcl,

We received your Diagnostics Report, thanks for sending it! Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: ESQ-79235-76

This discussion has been closed.