Switching to OPVault from Agilekeychain problem

Options

Hello, I followed the instructions to upgrade my Agilekeychain vault to OPVault but seem to have run into some trouble here. I now have both the OPVault AND the Agilekeychain still and notice that I can log in to both. Now I'm worried about what's been saved/synced in one or the other and if I've mistakenly been saving to both.

Please advise the best way to clean this up.

Thank you

Jordin Montgomery

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:opvault, kb:switch-to-opvault

Comments

• Hi @JM552,

That's normal, you have two separate data files that you can still unlock and we intentionally tell you not to remove the old file until everything looks good. The saving goes to the vault that you have opened in the main 1Password program, if you've been using the opvault, all the new data went into that vault only. You can check by sorting your data by date in the main 1Password program.

To clean up, here's what you can do:

1. Open the main 1Password program, go to the File Menu > Reopen 1Password Vault, look at the full path for .agilekeychain vault. Do not select it, just know the path.
    2. Open Windows' File Explorer and go to that path to find your .agilekeychain folder. Rename this folder from 1Password.agilekeychain to Old-1Password-AGK.backup and move this to your Documents > 1Password > Backup folder.
    3. Now, back to the 1Password program, unlock your new opvault and now try to open the previous vault, it should tell you it cannot find it and you will now not see it on the list anymore.
  • JM552
    JM552
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help.
    I followed the path but don't actually have an agilekeychain folder--just the file itself. e.g "PW.agilekeychain."

The OPVault I have is located on my local machine--is this what one should expect (I assume this is in the wrong place if I want to use Dropbox)? Maybe I'm already ok and just unclear on the final product.

• Hi @JM552,

That's fine, that is the folder but it may look like a file to you. If you try to open the file, you'll see it became a folder inside.

Just rename PW.agilekeychain to Old-1Passwrod-AGK.backup as mentioned in the instructions and you'll be all set.

I'm not sure what you mean by the local machine, they're both on the local machine. If you want to use Dropbox, use 1Password's Move to Dropbox button in the File Menu > Preferences > General to handle the move to Dropbox for you.

• JM552
    JM552
    Community Member
    Options

I think I've gotten it. For some reason the first go around I must not have moved the file itself.
    I had a few logins to merge but have since removed the backup to the local machine and only have one vault in DB now.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of MikeT, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• JM552
    JM552
    Community Member
    Options

Only minor issue that seems to have cropped up is that there are now two of everything.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JM552: That's odd. Did you copy the items to the new vault twice for some reason? 1Password will prompt you when importing items that share the same title with those in your vault, so that you can choose not to duplicate them. In any case, just delete any duplicate copies you've imported. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• JM552
    JM552
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure :) I just know that now each item has 1 entry w/ a rich icon and 1 entry w/o. So as you said I'll just have to get deleting.

Thanks!

• MikeT
    edited November 2015
    Options

Hi @JM552,

It is most likely the ones without Rich Icons were imported since Rich Icons are not stored in your data file or the export file. It is downloaded on the fly.

You could try doing a new opvault and import once with the option to skip duplicates or just manually delete the duplicated items. Given what you've went through already, the latter might be the best option.

This discussion has been closed.