USBank.com site displays unobscured password when filling from 1Password Browser Extension

2»

Comments

• DLW42
    DLW42
    Community Member

An interesting (and lo-o-ong) discussion. I am a USBank customer and I have the same problem, naturally, with logging in. However, I have been using a different work around.

I created two 1PW login items: one for userID and a second for PWD. When the USB screen asks for userID, I click on the 1PW menu bar icon and select "USBank UID". When the USB screen changes to ask for PWD, clicking again on the 1PW icon and then selecting the "USBank PWD" login item fails - nothing is entered AFAICS. Instead, I wait for the 1PW extension to display the content of the "USBank PWD" item, then copy/paste it into the USB Password box. The box displays bullets instead of text, as it should, and then logs me in. Crude and ugly but works.

So how does this behavior mesh with the notion that the USB web page is waiting for individual keystrokes?

If the Agile dev team would like a copy of the USB page .html and screenshots, I've saved them.

Mac OSX 10.10.5
    1PW 6.0.1
    Safari 9.0.3
    Safari 1PW Ext 4.5.3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DLW42: I'm glad to hear that's working for you at least, but please check out my post here and let me know if it's of any help:

USBank login issues

A number of folks have reported success with Safari on OS X. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.