1Password chrome extension on a PC

Options

I purchased 1password for mac from the apple mac store.

Perhaps I have misunderstood but there is extensions for 1password for chrome etc on pc, however when installed it says its looking for the helper, I cannot find a download for this. So basically if I want to see my passwords via the extension I have to purchase 1password again for pc?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @garethsnaim,

That is correct. We do not have a copy of your data, it is all stored on your local drive and it does not leave that drive unless you're syncing with a third party service. The extension communicates with the main 1Password program's Helper process to decrypt the local data and send the data needed for the filling. Without the main program with your data loaded, the extension has nothing to work with.

You would not have to pay the full price for the PC license, we offer the bundle Mac+Windows license at our store and we can match it for customers who bought 1Password at the Mac App Store. Send your proof of purchase to us at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll give you the discount for the PC license to match the bundle price.

• garethsnaim
    garethsnaim
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.