Was the AgileBits store version of 1password affected by the Apple App certificate problem?

Options
wlp470
wlp470
Community Member

I was affected by the App Store certificate problem. Thankfully the iOS version wasn't affected so I could retrieve my password to log back into the Apple App store. If AgileBits store version was not affected, I want to make the change so your app can't be affected by Apple in the future.. Thanks for your help!!

1Password Version: 5.4 (540046)
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:sync-options, kb:switch-from-mac-app-store, kb:mac-app-store-vs-agilebits-store

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @wlp470,

We can move you across but as panicky as it probably was no matter what happened there was a solution whereby I can guarantee nobody would have been locked out of their 1Password vaults no matter what happened to the Mac App Store.

By this I refer to the fact that a download of 1Password for Mac from our AgileBits Download page starts off in a 30 day trial mode with all functionality present. The first time it's run if it finds you've got a vault or vaults in the Mac App Store they're automatically migrated across, as the user all you would see would be the normal request for your normal Master Password. So even if the issue had been more severe than it was everybody would have been able to still access their entire vault.

If you're not convinced and you really want to completely move off of the Mac App Store version then we can help. Drop us an email to support+licenses@agilebits.com from the email address you use with Apple and a copy of your Apple receipt of your 1Password (Mac App Store) purchase. We'll get you sorted out once we receive it :smile:

This discussion has been closed.