windows 10. every entry treated as a new password

using windows ten. If i manually enter a user name and password, 1password treats the entry as a brand new UN/password. and creates a duplicate entry in my login in list. I submitted a support ticket but have been unable to get the response link to work. Thus, can not get the answer.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
Extension Version: 4.43.90
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Delb: Sorry for the trouble! The most recent email I see from you was 7 months ago. :(

Indeed, when you manually enter login credentials, it's 1Password's job to offer to save them for you. If you don't mind me asking, f you already have the login in question saved in 1Password, why are you typing it in? It seems like there might be a better way... ;)

If you're having trouble with a particular URL, just let us know so we can help. We're here for you! :)

• Del1
    Del1
    Community Member

Well, I am typing it because 1password does not always save the PW or UN correctly. instead of saving say Jerry123 it saves J******3. The websites do not like it this way. Or in a couple of cases, It will bring up the sign in window but not enter the PW/UN

• Del1
    Del1
    Community Member

Thank you for this response "if you're having trouble with a particular URL, just let us know so we can help"
    I assume the forum is the best way to do this. As I mentioned, I sent a ticket in earlier and could not get the reply link to work. I would like to see the answer somebody sent 7 dos ago.
    Thanks

• Hi @del1,

Are you the same user as delb in the original post?

Well, I am typing it because 1password does not always save the PW or UN correctly. instead of saving say Jerry123 it saves J******3.

That's because the site gave it to us like this, we cannot get the raw data if the site has no clear text version. We simply copy what's in the fields to save it. In cases like this, you have to edit the Login item manually to fix the username.

Am I correct to assume this was a Citi site? If yes, this is the most common issue with Citi, they censor your username as soon as you leave the username field.

Or in a couple of cases, It will bring up the sign in window but not enter the PW/UN

I assume you mean you opened the sites from the main 1Password program and it opened it in your browser but didn't fill it in? Is this correct and if yes, which browser are you using?

As I mentioned, I sent a ticket in earlier and could not get the reply link to work. I would like to see the answer somebody sent 7 dos ago.

Are you referring to this closed thread? If yes, it's closed due to age; you can't reply to closed old threads, a new thread has to be created like you did here.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Del1: If so (great guess, MikeT!) that could explain the autosave confusion as well, since Citi has so many different websites, portals, and login pages. As a Citi customer, I too share this pain. Fortunately there are a few easy solutions:

1. Use this URL for your Citi Login item; the filling works great there: https://www.accountonline.citibank.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do
    2. Manually save a new Login item there
    3. Enable multiple URLs in 1Password File > Preferences > Logins
    4. Edit your Citi Login item to add additional URLs where you want to use it, which will allow you to both use the same Login there and also not have 1Password offer to save it

Be sure to let us know if that helps, or any other information on the issue you're having! We'll be able to better assist you with less guesswork. :chuffed:

• Del1
    Del1
    Community Member

1.Actually, I was referring to a link which said, something to the effect of we have answered your ticket.
    2. I usually use chrome.
    3. It will happen on sites other than CITI. Home depot, Best Buy. Although, I agree Citi is the biggest !@# I have to deal with.
    4. Thank you for your help.
    5. Yes I am the same person, don't know why the sign in came that way.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Del1: No worries! Just trying to avoid any confusion. We're happy to help! It sounds like the Citi tip may have been useful (I know it helped me pay my bills yesterday :lol: ), but if you run into any other issues be sure to let us know! :)

• Delb
    Delb
    Community Member

Brenty,
    This is the time of year I travel for work extensively. I am having a couple of sign in issues. But the website are not something that I can publish in a public area like this. If you could tell me how to get some more private help that would be great. If not, the basic issues is I type in a web address. www.XXX.com,which takes me to a generic sign is page, which uses the same sign in for "EVERYTHING" .
    Depending on which address I typed in at first I am redirected to the area I need. The system was working for a bit but does not seem to be taking 1password inputs now. It will take inputs from other password programs. Also, I am getting a few pages which 1pw is not asking to save.
    After our thread, I have decided the best thing to do was to empty my vault and start over. In general this seems to be what I needed to do and is teaching me quite a few lessons.
    Merry Christmas,m great avatar!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Delb: Thank you! A very merry Christmas to you as well! :chuffed:

Indeed, it does sound like some of your login issues may require more in-depth troubleshooting, and we can absolutely do that in a less public setting. Since websites are public, it is often helpful to many people to troubleshoot login issues, so that others can benefit as well. But feel free to contact us directly. Just do the following:

1. Generate a diagnostics report and attach the entire file for each to an email to us at support+forum@agilebits.com
    2. Let us know the URLs you're having trouble with
    3. A tell us the exact steps you're taking when you run into trouble

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.