Redesign for Windows version and Chrome extension.

Options

Hi, So I like 1Password because I get to have all my passwords localized, and the IOS and OSX versions of the software are amazing. The Windows and Chrome extension, on the other hand, not so much in the way of design. First off, I feel that the easiest way to make the Windows version look amazing would be just to port the OSX version to Windows, that would be the best thing to do in my opinion because it would look so much nicer than the current version of the Windows software. The other thing I would like to see would be an updated chrome extension. By this I mean instead of having the menu come up next to where ever the cursor is, have it drop down from the icon the same way it occurs in extensions such as PushBullet. The other thing that would help would be to update the symbols to look like those in the IOS and OSX version. Also add a search bar to the top of the tab, and instead of having a slightly gray drop down menu, have a white one with some 1Password blue in there for a bit of color. Thank you for reading my long suggestion!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.BETA-594
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Window 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iTossico: Well, we definitely don't want to port from one to the other. You may not like the appearance of it now, but ports are even more difficult to manage, design-wise. So that wouldn't really help the pix appeal. ;)

That said, we'd definitely like to improve the design and usability. This is something we'll do in a future version, but I can't say exactly when this will happen. One priority is to have 1Password be more consistent across platforms in general, and this fits into that category.

However, while it isn't obvious currently, you can actually just start typing to search after bringing up the extension, rather than having to click Search first. This is another area we'll work on, and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you'd like 1Password improved! :)

• iTossico
    iTossico
    Community Member
    Options

That's awesome about the search feature, thanks! Hopefully, you can update the Windows version soon, thank you for replying!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! We're looking forward to making 1Password even more awesome in the future. Thanks for the feedback! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.