I have a Single License for 1Password 5 for Mac and want to obtain a second license for my Win-PC

Options
bkone
bkone
Community Member

I own a Single License for 1Password 5 for Mac and want to add an additional license for my Windows-PC.
The upgrade assistant confuses me with too many options.

Which one should i buy?

To make sure: I do not want to transfer my Mac license, I want to keep it.

1Password Version: 5.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.10.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:teams-faq, kb:upgrade-license

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@bkone - Send proof of your purchase of the Mac version to support+licenses@agilebits.com. You didn't say where your Mac license came from, but the proof would be the email address you used to buy your license, if it came from the AgileBits web store, or the receipt from Apple, if you bought it from the Mac App Store. Let the folks at AgileBits know that you would like to add a Windows license. Include a link to this thread, and when you receive the automated reply, post the support ticket number back here in this thread.

They will fix you up with a discount on the Windows version that will make your total outlay equal to the Mac-Windows bundle price sold on the AgileBits web store.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bkone,

I'm sorry that you're finding the upgrade assistant confusing! I was able to locate your license information in our back office records by searching the email address in your forum profile. Since you purchased from the AgileBits Store, we can solve this without sending an email in.

When you're viewing the upgrade page, simply paste your existing license details into the field. Then, select a Windows license, and your discount will be applied.

I hope this helps! If you'd rather solve this via email, you're welcome to send a message to the address that Hawkmoth shared and we'll walk you through the process there.

ref: 796750

• bkone
    bkone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,
    thank you for your amazingly fast reply. My point is: why does the upgrade page offer me the bundle as well as a single Windows license?
    When I buy the bundle for the reduced price will I get another Mac and a new Windows license (given me a total of two Mac and one Windows license)? What would that be good for?
    I believe that choosing the single Windows license would be the right choice but I hope this would not mean that my license will be "migrated" from Mac to Windows leaving me with only a Windows license and without one for Mac.
    I hope I was able to make things a little bit clearer.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bkone,

why does the upgrade page offer me the bundle as well as a single Windows license?

Because they are two different things that are available to purchase from our store. The 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle bundle includes a license for the Mac version and a license for the Windows version. The 1Password 4 for Windows license includes just the license for the Windows version.

When I buy the bundle for the reduced price will I get another Mac and a new Windows license (given me a total of two Mac and one Windows license)?

Yes.

What would that be good for?

In your situation, probably nothing. However, if (for example) you had a 1Password 3 for Mac license and wanted to upgrade to 1Password 5 for Mac and also start using 1Password for Windows, the bundle would be the right choice.

I believe that choosing the single Windows license would be the right choice...

Since you already have a 1Password 5 for Mac license, I agree! :)

...but I hope this would not mean that my license will be "migrated" from Mac to Windows leaving me with only a Windows license and without one for Mac.

No, it wouldn't migrate you from one license to the other. If you purchase a 1Password for Windows license, that would be in addition to your existing 1Password for Mac license. When you use your upgrade discount to purchase a license, the term "upgrade" really just refers to the discount we give you on the price of an additional license - your original license is not changed in any way when you do that.

I'm really sorry for all the confusion about that! Hopefully we can make that clearer on our site in the future. I hope that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

• bkone
    bkone
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG
    Thank you so much for your help. Now everything is crystal clear to me. Have a nice day.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, @bkone! I'm glad I was able to help clear that up. Have a great day, and if you need anything else, you know where to find us! ;)

This discussion has been closed.