When will the Mac app store version be updated to sync w/ Teams?

Options

Hey guys, I love using 1password, I lead a dev team, and I am excited about 1password for teams. However, I really like the simplicity of using iCloud to sync my passwords between my computer and iPhone. This simplicity means I don't have to even think about other services.

Given that, I'm almost willing to wait on the teams trial if I cannot access it via the version on my Mac. So I was wondering if there was any indication about how long that might be before the AppStore version is updated to include the teams feature.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.4 (540046) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@matt_polichette While I don't have an exact date (as we don't announce release dates), I can say that the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 will be Teams compatible before 1Password for Teams is out of beta.

• mezza9
    mezza9
    Community Member
    Options

Look forward to this. I'm really comfortable with the iCloud Sync, and would prefer to use that for my personal vault.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mezza9,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll let our developers know you're excited to see a Teams update for 1Password in the Mac App Store soon. :)

• @matt_polichette and @mezza9: We have an awesome new feature in the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac that I think you'll enjoy. You can now use iCloud syncing in 1Password for Mac, even when running outside of the Mac App Store!

This new feature is currently available in the Beta version of 1Password for Mac, but it works fine with the non-Beta version of 1Password for iOS. I invite you to give it a try. You can find instructions for switching here:

https://support.1password.com/switch-from-mac-app-store/

Please let us know how it turns out and ask any questions you may have.

Cheers!

• mezza9
    mezza9
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that. Will give it a go. Happy New Year!

• Let us know how that works out for you, @mezza9. :)

Cheers.

Rick

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed this and its working pretty good. Quick question though. Should I install the browser extension betas too? I wasn't sure if the beta updated them or I need to even use them.

• That's great news! Thanks for sharing it with us, @Scuba629. It's always nice to get additional confirmation that iCloud is working well outside of the Mac App Store :)

As for the browser extensions, you don't have to install the betas as they are completely independent. With that said, I would love it if you did install the betas as we are always in need of awesome beta testers like yourself.

This discussion has been closed.