I am using version 3.8.21 on my mac running El Capitan and am able to upgrade to 3.8.22

I would like to upgrade to Version 4 or 5 but seem unable to until I upgrade to 3.8.22. I would also like to use One password on my new iPad as well but do not know how to proceed.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I would like to upgrade to Version 4 but am unable to!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kirbyfriesen,

Because we're talking about 1Password 3 here, I've moved our conversation to the Legacy forums, just to keep things tidy.

To upgrade to 3.8.22 so that you can upgrade to version 5, you'll need to delete the app and reinstall a fresh version:

• Quit 1Password.
    • Open a Finder window to your /Applications folder.
    • Drag the 1Password application to the Trash. (Do not use any app cleaners here).
    • Download a fresh copy of 1Password 3 from our downloads page.
    • Put this new copy in the /Applications folder.

And you should be good to go!

I'm glad to hear you're thinking about upgrading, because 1Password 5 is pretty nifty. As an existing user, you can get a discount on your new license by using our upgrade page to purchase. Just enter your existing license details in the field provided to see your discount.

As far as iOS goes, 1Password 5 for iOS is a free download from the iOS App Store, with some Pro Features available for a one-time, in-app purchase. You can sync your data between your devices using Dropbox or Wi-Fi Sync.

If you'd like any more help getting that set up, please let me know, we'd be happy to walk you through the process.

This discussion has been closed.