Reinstall on new Mac

Options
jamesgled
jamesgled
Community Member

Hello, I have a new laptop (Mac OSX 10.5) but the App Store is asking me to pay for 1P when signed in with same iTunes a/c.
I have a now-probably-unsupported version of 1P on my old iMac, but it is fine for my purposes. Can I get a copy of this old version, like I originally purchased, onto my new machine?
Cheers,
James

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:how-dropbox-syncs, kb-search:reinstall, kb:lost-license

Comments

• Hey @jamesgled! First off, I assume you mean OS X 10.10.5, rather than 10.5. The latter would be Leopard, and while those were wonderful days for all of us, the future is here. So, there are two possibilities as to why you are asked to purchase the app: You're signed in with a different Apple ID than the one you used to purchase it originally, or you purchased 1Password from the AgileBits Store. If you're sure you used the same Apple ID, we'd be happy to look for your license. Just send us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com to start the conversation and we'll see what we can do. :)

• jamesgled
    jamesgled
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I'll try that. Thanks for your reply @penderworth ! Just to come back on your point: I read the "X" as 10 (i.e. OS8 preceded OS9 preceded OSX), therefore Leopard would be OSX version 5.8 for example! (or indeed Mac operating system version 10.10.5.8, but avoiding the tautology!!) Cheers!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jamesgled,

For clarity's sake, we like to use the version numbers as displayed in Apple > About This Mac, where you probably see "OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5."

I see that you did email us about your 1Password 3 license and Eva helped you out there, so hopefully you're all set. But if you need anything else, we're happy to help, either here in the forum or by email. Cheers! :)

ref: VMG-91866-146

• jamesgled
    jamesgled
    Community Member
    Options

Fair enough - it's probably just me! I'm all good now - thanks for your help.......

• Anytime! :) We're here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.