Parallels Mac App Bundle includes 1Password for Mac license. How much is it to add Windows license?

Options
gozdal
gozdal
Community Member

If I bought Mac App Bundle, how much extra would I have to pay to get Windows license? Also, how much would it be to upgrade to family license for Windows + Mac?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:license-requirements, kb:pro-features-faq, kb:bundle-license

Comments

• bkone
    bkone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @gozdal,
    I had the same question - though asked somehow different: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/52959/i-have-a-single-license-for-1password-5-for-mac-and-want-to-obtain-a-second-license-for-my-win-pc#latest
    I also bought the bundle some time ago and now would like to add a Windows license.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bkone, @gozdal: Indeed! Just shoot us an email with a copy of your receipt at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we can give you a discount on the 'upgrade' to add a 1Password for Windows license. Cheers! :)

• gozdal
    gozdal
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty what kind of discount we can expect?

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gozdal,

The discount is $30 off of the price on the Windows app.

• ACW
    ACW
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

What if I bought the bundle with parallels and want to use iCloud sync, can I switch to the appstore version for free or do I need to buy it from the appstore?

• eva_s
    eva_s
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ACW,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to convert an AgileBits web store license to one from the Mac App Store. Apple does not provide any developer a way to do that. If it is important enough to you to have access to iCloud syncing, you will need to buy a license from the Mac App Store.

Please be aware though that iCloud syncing works for our Mac and iOS apps only. If you are wanting to sync your data with our Windows app, you will need to use Dropbox for syncing.

• ACW
    ACW
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, then I'll wait for the coming sale, no black Friday deal on the Appstore version?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ACW,

I can't spill any details on future sales, but we always announce them on our blog, Twitter (@1Password) and Facebook. At this time, the only offer on is the Parallels bundle, which is limited to the AgileBits Store version of the app.

• hamilton
    hamilton
    Community Member
    Options

I am still running 10.9 on some of my computers. Will the license for 1Password in the Parallels bundle work with version 4.4.3 or only version 5? If not can I get a license for 4.4.3 as well as 5?
    Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hamilton: Yes! 1Password for Mac versions 4 and 5 use exactly the same license file. Just download the app from our site, and use the license link in the email to register it. Of course, if you run into any issues, just reach out. We're here for you! :)

• ACW
    ACW
    Community Member
    Options

I forgo the Parallels bundle because I wanted the Mac version and was waiting on this deal, but eventually decided to go ahead and buy 1 password (app store) December 17th for the full price! I guess there is no way I can still get a refund on this deal.. had I waited a little bit longer :-(

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ACW, for better or worse, we have no control over Apple's App Store. We can only change the price to reflect sales when they occur, but we have no power to offer refunds (full or partial) there. You would need to contact Apple about that. Sorry about that.

• ACW
    ACW
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Khad, no problem, thanks anyway. Great tool still.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your understanding (and kind words)!

• jetset2
    jetset2
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased the Parallels Mac App Bundle including 1Password for Windows. I am trying to figure out why a Mac software bundle would come with the Windows version. Is there a way to use the license from the Parallels bundle on 1Password for Mac instead?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jetset2,

I believe we're trying something new. I suppose the thought is if you're purchasing Parallels it's likely to allow you to run Microsoft Windows and if you're already a 1Password for Mac user this licence would compliment your existing licence. I know we're aware of some people that have two excess 1Password for Mac licences as a result of the bundle deal so for some this might be of more use than a third.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I purchased the Parallels Mac App Bundle including 1Password for Windows. I am trying to figure out why a Mac software bundle would come with the Windows version. Is there a way to use the license from the Parallels bundle on 1Password for Mac instead?

@jetset2: Oddly enough, the only Parallels promotion I've seen with 1Password for Windows is the one that just ended:

Parallels Holiday Bundle:
    Exclusive Holiday Savings
    Get 6 top-rated Windows apps
    for one LOW price!

The Parallels Cyber Monday Mac App Bundle (around Thanksgiving), on the other hand, included 1Password for Mac...which if course is the subject of this discussion here, started on November 25th. So I think you may have just been conflating the two. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.