Switching from Dropbox to Wi-Fi syncing

alderete
alderete
Community Member
edited June 2011 in iOS
stu wrote:

If you're using 1Password for Mac, you have the choice not to use Dropbox, you can sync your iOS devices easily with our Wi-Fi sync solution over your local network by following our guides here:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/sync_to_mac_manually.html (iPhone)
http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_iPad/sync_to_mac_manually.html (iPad)

Stu,

Thanks much for your clear post and helpful links. I'm not ready to drop Dropbox either, but I do think that I would like to know how to stop using it for my 1Password synchronization. That is, I originally was using the manual Wi-Fi sync that your referenced documents describe, but I switched to Dropbox syncing. It has worked well, and I'm not freaking out over the Dropbox breach, but in the event that further issues arise with Dropbox, I'd like to know how to undo my switch, and go back to manual syncing.

Currently, I can't figure out how to do that. It has to be a process that includes steps on both my iPhone and on my Mac, since it involves stopping using Dropbox for syncing, and removing the 1password.agilekeychain from my Dropbox folder, etc.

Is there a FAQ or document or post on the topic, which covers all the steps involved? I haven't been able to find it, and I think a nice step-by-step task description would let a lot of people put their minds at ease...

khad wrote:

Unless someone accessed your Dropbox account and cracked your 1Password master password (very, very, very unlikely) there is no need to change anything. ;-)

Although I'm not stressed out about it, I would like to go back to manual Wi-Fi syncing between my Mac and iPhone. How do I switch from using Dropbox sync back to that configuration? (Steps need to include both Mac and iPhone processes, since it requires changes on both.)

Thanks!

Comments

• bswins
    edited June 2011
    alderete,

If you ever wish to stop using Dropbox for syncing your 1Password data, all you have to do is move the 1Password.agilekeychain file from your Dropbox folder to another location on your desktop computer. Please refer to Khad's post for more details: Remove Dropbox. After your done, you can go back to Wi-Fi syncing using the instructions Stu linked to in his post.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Brandt
  • bswins
    edited June 2011
    alderete wrote:

Although I'm not stressed out about it, I would like to go back to manual Wi-Fi syncing between my Mac and iPhone. How do I switch from using Dropbox sync back to that configuration? (Steps need to include both Mac and iPhone processes, since it requires changes on both.)

Thanks!

alderete,

I replied to your similar question in a different thread: Stop 1P/Dropbox Syncing

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.