1Password for Android keyboard failing to send to correct 1Password login item

johnny808
johnny808
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Android

With stock browser, 1Password keyboard, long press on key icon, for the Amazon page login, I get : no logins found for com.sec.android.app.sbrowser
The Amazon login page clearly has the amazon.com in the URL. Same thing for the Dropbox login and dropbox.com is in the URL.

With the chrome browser I get: no logins found for com.android.chrome

Everything works much smoother in the iOS version using the Share To 1Password functionality. It always "lands" on the correct 1Password login.

Android does have the API to do the Share To 1Password functionality. That's how KeePass2Android works by sharing the login page to the KeePass2Android app, and it always "lands" on the correct login item.

For the Bank of America app, I get: no logins found for com.infonow.bofa. But this is a case where a custom keyboard is preferable, as there is no share function in the app itself. There is also no visible URL.

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @johnny808. I’m sorry to hear automatic login detection and filling is not working for you. Let’s figure out what’s going on.

First, could you confirm if you have 1Password’s accessibility service enabled? To do so, go into your device Settings > Accessibility and verify 1Password Automatic Filling is enabled.

The other thing I wanted to mention is how domain matching works in browsers and applications. When you are in a browser, we are able to detect the website you are on if you have 1Password Automatic Filling enabled. We take the website from the browser and attempt to match the domain name with the URL value of your Logins in your vault. If we find a match, we show it so you can perform filling onto the website.

For apps, matching works differently. Since apps don’t tell us what website they are associated to, we have to determine it manually. We use the package name of the app and reversing it to match domain name. For example, the Twitter app’s package name is com.twitter.android. Reversing the package name gives us android.twitter.com, which means the domain associated to the Twitter app is twitter.com. We noticed many apps use this approach for their package names, which made this solution work in most cases.

The Bank of America’s app package name is com.infonow.bofa, so the domain 1Password is looking for is infonow.com, which is not Bank of America’s website. In cases like this, 1Password can’t correctly determine the domain, so the solution we are working on for a future release is to allow the ability to associate multiple URLs to a single login.

As a temporary solution to fill in the Bank of America app using the 1Password Keyboard, you may consider modifying the primary URL of your Login to be https://bofa.infonow.com

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member

@saad , thank you for the prompt and thorough answer. Very informative. That was it. It turns out I didn't have the 1Password accessibility service enabled. After enabling it, 1Password keyboard/automatic filling finds the correct 1Password login item, at least for the Google Chrome browser. For the first time, I can now see the key logo glow blue in the 1Password keyboard.

That's with the Google Chrome browser. With the stock Android browser, for some reason, automatic filling is sometimes still not finding the correct 1Password login item and I still get: no logins found for com.sec.android.app.sbrowser. But, I know that using the Google Chrome browser, it will work fine.

It's unfortunate that to make the automatic filling work in the Bank of America app, I have to change the primary URL to https://bofa.infonow.com. Now, 1Password won't find the login when I use a desktop browser. I'm looking forward to the capability of associating multiple URLs to a single login.

Thanks again.

• Automatic filling is not supported in Samsung’s native browser at this time. There are a few issues with the detection, and the team plans to look into it. However, it should work fine in the Chrome browser as you mentioned! :)

I understand changing URLs for your Login items is not the best approach. But as a temporary solution to get it working on your desktop version, you can set the actual website as a secondary URL in the Login item. This will allow you to perform filling on Desktop and also support filling in apps on your Android device.

This discussion has been closed.