Unable to update. Everytime I press the 'update' button nothing happens.

Options
internonk
internonk
Community Member

iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.1 - using the cloud. Each time I press the 'update' button - I should go now tot version 6.1.1, dated November 12, 2015 - the button disappears for a fraction of a second and then says 'update' again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to update. Everytime I press the 'update' button nothing happens.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @internonk,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Unfortunately we do not control the updating process. Could you please try restarting your device and see if that helps?

Ben

• internonk
    internonk
    Community Member
    Options

Ben
    Thank you for answer. Just restarted my device (iPad Air2 - ios9). Unfortunately nothing changed as for the update.

• dirtyjeep
    dirtyjeep
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Every time I tried to update it continued to show update. I did a reboot, no change. I deleted the app and restarted but then I couldn't download it again. Now I can't even get it on my iPhone 6Splus. Feeling very frustrated since I use this all the time for work.
    Need a fix ASAP
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

My only other suggestion would be to try downloading the app into iTunes on a computer and syncing it over that way.

Need a fix ASAP

I understand and apologize for the frustration but this isn't something we can fix on our end. The App Store handles iOS app distribution, so and problem with apps installing would need to be directed to Apple.

Ben

• lorenzjorgensen
    lorenzjorgensen
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, Agile Bits. That is such an unsatisfactory answer. You are the people who roll out the updates, not Apple. I am having exactly the same problem as the people above. You rolled this out. You need to resolve it. You really cannot pass the buck like that. You at the very least should be the ones contacting Apple for us to resolve it. Come on, AB! You need to better than this. You say you can't fix it. And you think we can? Give me a break! Get on it, or lots of people are going to start moving to other providers, including me.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lorenzjorgensen,

I understand the frustration but as I mentioned the App Store does the app distribution, not us. And I'd certainly agree that we should be contacting Apple if this were affecting all downloads of 1Password, but it isn't. We're not able to reproduce the issue on our end. All of my devices updated just fine.

As mentioned above the first troubleshooting step I'd recommend is rebooting the device that is having trouble. If that still does not work, please try syncing the app over from iTunes on a computer.

If none of that works then there is something going on with your setup that is preventing the update from being installed. Have you enabled parental restrictions on the device? 1Password is rated 17+, so enabling parental restrictions will prevent it from being installed. Beyond that, Apple may have further ideas about what may be happening on your device that is preventing the update from installing.

I do apologize for the difficulty.

Ben

• lorenzjorgensen
    lorenzjorgensen
    Community Member
    Options

the App Store does the app distribution
    YES, BUT YOU DESIGN THE APP, YES? WHAT YOU SAY IS A BIT LIKE SAYING IT IS THE CAR DEALER'S FAULT THAT THE CAR DOES NOT WORK.
    And I'd certainly agree that we should be contacting Apple if this were affecting all downloads of 1Password, but it isn't.
    FINE, BUT IT IS AFFECTING SOME, SO ISN'T THAT ENOUGH? IT IS BIT LIKE FORD SAYING THAT A PROBLEM ONLY AFFECTS SOME OF THEIR CARS, SO THEY WILL NOT BOTHER LOOKING AT THE PROBLEM.
    first troubleshooting step I'd recommend is rebooting the device that is having trouble
    ERRR, THANKS. YES, I DID THAT :-)
    Have you enabled parental restrictions on the device?
    NO.

• Ben
    Options

@lorenzjorgensen,

Have you tried syncing 1Password over to your iOS device from iTunes on a computer?

Ben

• lorenzjorgensen
    lorenzjorgensen
    Community Member
    Options

I will be honest. I don't really know what you mean.

• Ben
    Options

@lorenzjorgensen

Okay, no problem. Would you mind sending us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com and include:

• A link to this thread
    • Your forum username

Once you send the email you should get an automatic reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here, so we can 'connect the dots.'

I believe we'll be able to better assist you that way.

Ben

• lorenzjorgensen
    lorenzjorgensen
    Community Member
    Options

So AB has now emailed me polite but frankly useless advice on this issue, and now they have stopped responding on email altogether. Hence I am reverting back to this site.

AB has advised to reboot (done that) and then to delete and reload the app. Thanks a lot. I did that, and now the app will not reload at all. Other apps are fine. I deleted a few and reloaded them to check.

AB keeps saying "Unfortunately, as much as we'd love to be able to help you resolve this, it is an iOS issue, not a 1Password issue, and because Apple doesn't give developers access to the back-end of the App Store at all, we have absolutely no way of troubleshooting it ourselves, so it is something that has to be discussed with Apple if what I mentioned doesn't help. I am sorry that we can't be more help, but even if we were to contact Apple on your behalf, the only thing they could tell us is to have you contact them since they will not give out customer information (for privacy reasons)."

This is all ridiculous. I have today spent over one hour on the phone with Apple. In short, there is nothing they can do. They tell me it is down to the developer.

My next step has to be to write a review of the app in the app store, and I will then have to move over to Dashlane or another provider, unless you can do something. Please let me know what if anything you can do.

I have tried emailing as you aksed me to do, but you have stopped responding to my emails. I am hardly being a difficult or stroppy customer. But your app isn't working, and you are not helping any more.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2015
    Options

Hi @lorenzjorgensen

We're working on a reply to you via email.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: SPQ-19382-868

This discussion has been closed.