iphone 6+ and mac book pro. i'm confused. Bought 2 ipassword apps. can't sync to macbook

Options
jackirvine
jackirvine
Community Member

Trying to sync iphone 6+ to macbookpro. I'm confused with versions of ipassword. Just want the current version. On the iphone, I purchased one earlier this month. I again bought another one today on the app store and it looks like it is version 3.0. I have I think version 3.0 and 3.1. they show as separate apps on the iphone. But I've been using I think version 3.1. All the data is in 3.1. I can't find a more current version on the app store. To sync to the mac computer the forum says I need version 5? Can't find it. I don't mind paying, but I'm am thoroughly confused what I have and what I need even after buying what I thought was the most current thing twice. I've gone through the help on syncing to the mac book. I followed the instructions and I got the secret code on the mac and then when I sign on the iphone app, it says a prompt should come up. Well it doesn't and I can't figure out why. Can you tell me how to find exactly what apps I have purchased on my iphone? it merely shows two ipassword icons listed showing the same description. BTW I deleted the older versions on the iphone that I used to use. I own ipassword pro too, but I think it's old.So how do I sync from my iphone to my mac? I presume this means it updates the data file to be the same on each device.

1Password Version: 5.4 on mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os 10.10.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:honestly i can't figure out how to post a request, please tell me.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jackirvine,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I apologize for the confusion.

Could you please let me know:

• What version of iOS you have on your iPhone? (instructions from Apple)
    • What version(s) of 1Password you have on your iPhone? (instructions)

Thanks!

Ben

• jackirvine
    jackirvine
    Community Member
    Options

I found the problem. I was dupped by "ipassword" instead of 1password. It's a damn shame Apple let's copycats like this in their store.

• Ben
    Options

Ah, I'm really sorry to hear about that @jackirvine. Were you able to get 1Password yet?

This discussion has been closed.