Pro features removed

hazmat
hazmat
Community Member

After being annoyed at 1P defaulting to all vaults, I removed the Teams vault I had set up, so only my primary was there. After removing the Teams vault, my Pro features disappeared, as if I didn't have the Pro upgrade installed. Tapping to restore Pro kept on telling me I didn't have anything associated with my iTunes account. This was all in the latest 6.2 beta. I reinstalled the current App Store version over the beta and my Pro features were automatically there. I then reinstalled the latest 6.2 beta from TestFlight and the Pro features are still there. I haven't tried this whole thing again to see if I could reproduce it, but I thought it interesting enough to mention.

Comments

• Hi @hazmat,

Thanks for the report. As adding a 1Password for Teams account grants access to the Pro features, removing the last 1Password for Teams account is supposed to remove access to the Pro features.

Normally the removal should be skipped if the Apple ID that was used to install 1Password has the Pro features purchase associated with it, but if it isn't backing up your data and re-installing should help.

Thanks!

Ben

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Hi, Ben. I'm not sure what you mean by "but if it isn't backing up your data and re-installing should help." But since I had Pro installed before setting up the Teams account, after removing that account, Pro shouldn't have been touched, right?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hazmat,

We will have to do some testing but I'm wondering if it was a combination of the removal of the teams vault and the fact that you're running a beta. I'm guessing here of course but two probable causes would seem to be:

1. There's a bug that removes the Pro features when it shouldn't
    2. It all works if this copy of 1Password came from the App Store and not TestFlight.

Certainly worth looking into though.

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

So no problem installing the App Store version over this latest 6.5? I could try that and then the beta again.

• @hazmat Nope, no problem switching back and forth between TestFlight and the App Store versions.

This discussion has been closed.