Version Conflict I can't Resolve

Options
drrich
drrich
Community Member

Hi-When I open !P for Mac 5-5, I get the following message:Instead of '/Applications/1Password 5-5.app/Contents/LoginItems' it started '~/1Password 5-5.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems'.

I have gone through the troubleshooting steps, eliminating other versions, stray items in my library, etc. The only thing I have NOT done is anything with my time machine/time capsule unless I REALLY need to. Suggestions, please?

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@drrich I suspect you have a backup drive permanently connected to your Mac. This knowledge base article covers the situation:

How to remove multiple, conflicting copies of 1Password from your system

Note the last section about backup drives. The solution (if you wish to have the backup drive permanently connected) is to:

• delete any copy of the 1Password app file (only) from the backup drive; and
    • exclude the 1Password app file from any further backups (because, of course, you can always re-download it if you need to).

Provided you don't use any app cleaner tool when deleting the app file none of this will interfere with your 1Password data.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drrich: From the error message, it doesn't seem to be at all related to a backup:

/Applications/1Password 5-5.app/Contents/LoginItems
    ~/1Password 5-5.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems

You appear to have one copy of 1Password in your Applications folder and another in your Home folder. The fact that it's named "1Password 5-5.app" instead of "1Password 5.app" indicates that there were probably 5 other copies at some point, so be sure to check both locations thoroughly. You really only want to have a single "1Password 5.app" in your Applications folder (just drag the rest to the Trash), and then you can restart your Mac and you should be all set. please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.