Locked out of iphone6, if I buy desktop mac version can I access my data?

Options
tiggrum
tiggrum
Community Member

I had to restore my iPhone6 back to factory settings and I forgot to get my iCloud password out of 1password before I let the guy at the Apple store restore it. Long story short, I tried everything to reset the iCloud password but now my account is locked for 8 hours and the security department at Apple is closed until 8am tomorrow morning.

If i buy a desktop Mac license, can I log in and get access to my data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:if I buy mac license can I get access to my phone account?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@tiggrum:

I think you really need to let us have some additional information so we can give you the best advice. Please tell us:

• Your OS X version number
    • Whether you have any back up or sync'd copy of your 1P data from your phone
    • If you sync'd your 1P data from your phone before restoring it, what sync method you used

Stephen

• tiggrum
    tiggrum
    Community Member
    Options

OSX 10.10 - Yosemite

I synched my phone with iTunes yesterday.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tiggrum: Oh dear. This is a bit of a predicament. :(

While the Mac App Store version of 1Password (and iOS as well) can access iCloud, you'll need to be able to login to your iCloud account for that to work. Now, if your Mac is already logged into iCloud (so that you don't have to authenticate again) you may be able to sync your data from iCloud to 1Password for Mac if you purchase it from the Mac App Store...but again, if you're locked out of iCloud completely, that won't work.

Now, it sounds like you probably don't, but just to double check, do you have your 1Password data sync'd or backed up anywhere else? If so, that may be another option. Otherwise, it sounds like you'll need to wait for Apple's help reinstating your iCloud account. Please let me know how it turns out!

This discussion has been closed.