Purchasing Mac+Windows bundle with iCloud sync using promo code

geronimo
geronimo
Community Member

Hello, I would like purchase the Mac+Windows bundle for me and my family. I think I need to buy it from the Mac App store because I need iCloud sync. I also have a promo code with me but I do not see any input field where I can type it in the Mac App store.

1Password Version: 5.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX El Capitan
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:icloud license

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you are using Windows, the iCloud sync is not possible. Apple only allow iCloud sync on Macs and iOS devices, and then only on apps from their App Store.

Dropbox sync will work across all platforms.

Also, the Mac App Store does not allow for promo codes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@geronimo: To be clear, if you have a Mac App Store promo code from Apple, you can redeem it in the App Store app on your Mac. Just click the "Redeem" link on the right of the main page.

That said, if you're referring to an AgileBits coupon as danco suspected, Apple does not honour these and they can only be used in the AgileBits Store. In that case, you can use Dropbox Sync.

But on the other hand, if you have already purchased 1Password, you can share the license with up to 5 family members in your household. If it's an AgileBits Store license (for 1Password for Mac or Windows), simply forward your license information to them for them to use on their computers. If you've purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you can use Apple's Family Sharing to allow them to use your purchased apps.

And of course if you only have a 1Password for Mac license and simply want to add 1Password for Windows — regardless of where you purchased originally — we're happy to offer you a coupon to get the 'bundle' price for the Windows license. Just send us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your receipt and we'll take care of you. Cheers! :)

• geronimo
    geronimo
    Community Member

Hi @brenty and @danco, thank you. My wife is on Windows and I'm on a Mac so I will then go for the AgileBits Store license and use my promo code there.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @geronimo,

As long as you understand that currently that would mean no iCloud Sync but you accept that then it sounds like we've found the best path for you just now. As brenty said though, you could purchase 1Password for Mac from Apple's Mac App Store and then we match the bundle offer after evidence of the purchase (Apple share no details at all so we don't know who our Mac App Store customers are). Depending on your promo code though purchasing the bundle directly from our AgileBits Store may be the most cost effective solution. All versions of 1Password can sync using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync, it's just iCloud Sync that has the requirement that the app or application must have come from one of Apple's stores. If you have any questions before proceeding please do ask :smile:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@geronimo: I'll also add that Dropbox is a better option anyway if you plan on sharing data with your family, as iCloud Sync is not available on Windows. Additionally, Dropbox Sync will allow you to share some or all of your vaults if you wish. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.