How to contact Agilesbits (human)

iancohen
iancohen
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

Have a few questions about Agilebits site and account. Searched forum built there are not threads related to my questions. My account home page shows that my last invoice is 2013 - INCORRECT.

When i request license number, return email show license for 1password 3. Currently running version 5.

In order to ask for help i will need to provide personal details which i refuse to do and Agilebits, given that the comany is all about keeping information provide, sound pretty dumb.

Is there any way to speak to a human? when sending an email to support @ agilebits.com, the reply email does state "My human friends have received your message"... can you speak to one of these humans?

Had the same issue for 3 years now and it just seems easier to buy another product with better customer service support, especially when it comes providing confidential information.

1Password Version: 1password 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Have a few questions about Agilebits site and account. Searched forum built there are not threads related to my questions. My account home page shows that my last invoice is 2013 - INCORRECT.

@iancohen: Sorry for the confusion! It is correct that this is the license information associated with this email address. If you'd purchased additional licenses under another email address, you'd need to look it up under that one to find it. Alternatively, if you purchased from the App Store, we won't have a record of it, as it's owned and operated by Apple.

In order to ask for help i will need to provide personal details which i refuse to do and Agilebits, given that the comany is all about keeping information provide, sound pretty dumb.

I'm not sure where you would have been asked for personal information, but it isn't necessary for technical support. However, if you have a purchase or billing question, you would, of course, need to prove you are who you say you are before we'd be able to give out that sort of information. But if you just want to know something about 1Password, that's completely persona-agnostic.

Is there any way to speak to a human? when sending an email to support @ agilebits.com, the reply email does state "My human friends have received your message"... can you speak to one of these humans?

Yep! Now, I can't promise you that I am a human (after all, can any of us really prove that?), but I can promise you that an AgileBits team member will personally respond to your email as son as possible if you'd prefer email support to the forums. You'll get a faster response here, but if course if you prefer email, just post your Support ID so I can track down your message.

Had the same issue for 3 years now and it just seems easier to buy another product with better customer service support, especially when it comes providing confidential information.

I'm still not sure what issue you're having, but we'll be happy to help in any way we can if you'll tell us! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• iancohen
    iancohen
    Community Member

I never purchased from the app store so your comment that it wont be listed is wrong. I have always renewed via agilebits. so following your reply i should then see all invoices.

I have 3 different license keys and email confirmation from Agilebits in 2012, 2013, and 2014.

if i request my license key, should i not receive email stating my most recent version (5) and not version 3? That would be the logical thing for me given that i do not have version 3 installed.

so i ask you without revealing my email address on a public forum what is my current version 5 license number.

How do i prove to who i am in a secure environment?

All i asked was a simple question, is there a contact number to speak to a human at agilebits. a simple yes or no.

• iancohen
    iancohen
    Community Member

pretty arrogant statement "Yep! Now, I can't promise you that I am a human (after all, can any of us really prove that?)"

who the hell are you? are you employed by agilebits?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @iancohen,

brenty was merely trying to lighten the mood and yes, he is a member of the AgileBits team as I am too.

I see that you've also contacted us via email. To avoid wasting your time with duplication I'm going to close this thread and we'll continue the conversation via email.

ref: VQF-17365-262

This discussion has been closed.