Can't get amazon.com and amazon.ca to work at the same time.

Options
mgdeibert
mgdeibert
Community Member

When i log into amazon.com 1password works but when I try to log into amazon.ca I get "There was a problem with your request
There was an error with your E-Mail /Password combination. Please try again." So, I reset my password for amazon.ca and then it works. However, when I go back to amazon.com I get "There was a problem with your request
There was an error with your E-Mail /Password combination. Please try again." So, I rest my password for amazon.com and it works. Then, when I go into amazon.ca I get "There was a problem with your request
There was an error with your E-Mail /Password combination. Please try again." and this continues on and on.... Please help!

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:amazon.com amazon.ca

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@mgdeibert can you confirm that, in your 1Password Login items you have separate and independent logins for each of those two sites (each one linked to the relevant login URL)?

Stephen

• mgdeibert
    mgdeibert
    Community Member
    Options

Yes.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @mgdeibert,

So you have two Amazon login items, one that you use for amazon.com and another that you use for amazon.ca, is that correct and these both use totally different usernames do they?

The reason I ask is I have a test Amazon account which primarily is for testing password change behaviour in 1Password and another Amazon account which I have set up in 1Password to allow logging in on not just for the two countries you've already mentioned but a third as I'm based in the UK. The test Login item is a completely separate account as far as Amazon is concerned with it's own email address and a single website field set up for amazon.uk. My real one has three separate website fields for each country. I've never had any issues even if I'm rapidly changing passwords as long as I update the correct one when prompted.

So at the moment I'm just trying to get a better idea of what is happening for you. As you can see, it should work unless you have a different setup to mine. If you do I'm hoping my description may help identify where ours differ and maybe that will shed some light on what might be happening.

This discussion has been closed.