Request for Enhancement: find within a secure note

I have some large-ish secure notes. I'd like to be able to search for a string within a secure note.

This is distinct from "find a secure note containing a string."

I currently copy the whole note into Vim via the clipboard and then use Vim's incremental search...

A bit cumbersome so this enhancement would streamline things nicely.

Thanks.

BOB

Comments

• Hi 1pBob,

I assume what you’re asking for is a line-based search so that 1Password show you to each line that has the search term highlighted?

It’s a great feature enhancement and we’d like to support this in a future update but I do not have a timeframe on when it’ll happen. Thanks for suggesting it.

• 1pBob
    1pBob
    Community Member
    MikeT wrote:

I assume what you’re asking for is a line-based search so that 1Password show you to each line that has the search term highlighted?

That sounds about right. Thanks.

Obviously, this is a "nice to have" but not "must have" feature.

BOB
  • BOB,

On behalf of Mike, you are very welcome!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    MikeT wrote:

Rather than a "line-based" search, how about a string-based search that highlighted any occurrences of the term?

Cool idea! We never say "never," but I haven't heard any plans to add that kind of feature.

It helps us to know what our customers would find useful, though, so thanks for mentioning it!
This discussion has been closed.