I'm receiving a message "Computer not found. 1Password could not find a Mac" - Wi-Fi Sync

Options
Mrs_Torre
Mrs_Torre
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Mac

Needless to say, 1Pass is open on my mac and phone. I also get the same message on my iPad. This has happened before but corrected itself after a while (updating 1Pass). I tried syncing by setting up an ad hoc network-still didn't work. It's been three weeks now that I haven't been able to sync.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.5.BETA-27 (550027) Agile Bet
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:Phone not syncing with computer.

Comments

• mutineer612
    mutineer612
    Community Member
    Options

@Mrs_Torre See my last 2 comments from the post below. I had similar issues after recent update. Not sure what ultimately fixed my issue, but backup, uninstall iOS app, re-install iOS app, and re-sync the vault seemed to 'Fix' the problem.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/255995/#Comment_255995

Good luck.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Mrs_Torre the usual basic steps that solve this issue are:

1. rebooting all devices; and, if that does not work
    2. rebooting the router.

I think it would be worth you trying those before trying the slightly more draconian step mentioned in the previous post (even though I accept they may not have worked for that poster).

If, after trying what I've suggested, you still have a problem I suggest you post again because there are other trouble-shooting steps you can take. I use wifi sync and it works perfectly for me so it's worth trying to get it working properly. :)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mrs_Torre ,

Please let me know if Stephen's post has helped you at all. Rebooting devices and router are generally the first steps in troubleshooting Wi-Fi, and it often solves this sort of thing. :)

• Mrs_Torre
    Mrs_Torre
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,
    No, rebooting didn't do anything to solve the problem.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mrs_Torre,

Sorry to hear rebooting didn't help! Just to make sure - did you also try rebooting your router after rebooting the Mac and iOS devices didn't help?

If you did that but still can't set up Wi-Fi sync, please try the troubleshooting steps in this knowledgebase article: Wi-Fi Sync is not working

The steps there should help to solve most common issues that can cause a problem for Wi-Fi sync. If you go through those but your iOS devices still aren't finding your Mac, please let us know and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Mrs_Torre
    Mrs_Torre
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Drew,
    I finally got them to sync. I had to forget the networks, turn on and off, etc. My iPhone did it at once but my iPad took several tries. Hopefully this will not occur again. Thank you all.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mrs_Torre,

Thank you for following up to let us know what worked for you. Sorry again for the trouble! Very glad to hear your data is syncing properly again.

We'll be here to help if you need anything else in the future. Have a nice week! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm really sorry for the trouble here. This appears to be related to the new All Vaults feature in 1Password for iOS, and not the Wi-Fi Sync server (Mac or PC). If you encounter the issue again, please try these steps:

1. Disable Wi-Fi Sync in 1Password for iOS
    2. Completely quit the app via the iOS multitasking window (double tap the Home button and swipe the app upward)
    3. Launch 1Password for iOS again and setup Wi-Fi Sync

In our testing that seems to do the trick, but be sure to let us know either way. We're working on finding a more permanent fix for this. Again, I'm really sorry for the confusion and inconvenience this problem has caused. :(

ref: OPI-3247

• tblangah37
    tblangah37
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone,

I've also been encountering this problem recently, after I started using multiple vaults. The problem is intermittent, so it's probably a bug. The work-around, which is inconvenient, is to go to the sync tab on the iPhone, click the "Change wifi". A dialog box showing "Disabling Sync" will pop up, and you should press "Disable Sync". Then the Mac mini (in my case) will show up as one of the 1PW servers to be synced (and this shows that there's nothing wrong with your network). Then re-sync the whole thing.

Hope Agilebits could resolve this problem; it's clearly a bug. Hope for good news! :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tblangah37: Thanks for reaching out! Sorry for the inconvenience. You're absolutely right. We've got a fix for this in beta, and it should be available to everyone soon. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.