i need help figuring out this trial expired thing it is on one of my computers and not the other.

keysweddingdj
keysweddingdj
Community Member

I dont know if I am not allowed to have version 5 unless i pay more or what. Or if i need to go back to an old version, but I would just like my 1 password to work and i dont want to pay for an upgrade I am fine using an older version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trial

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@keysweddingdj - Because you don't say what older version of 1Passwrod you have paid for in the past, it's a little hard to know how to answer your post. But if your paid version is 1Password 3, version 4 was a paid upgrade. If your paid license is for version 4, the upgrade to version 5 is free. In the latter case, you would just apply the same license file you used to register your copy of version 4.

However, the license you do have never expires. You are free to continue to use the application without updating it, if that's your choice, as long as OS revisions don't break something. El Capitan users are having difficulty running version 3, which isn't much of a surprise, since development of that version ceased long ago.

If you scroll to the bottom of the main support page and enter the email address you used to buy your last license, you will get all your current license information by return email. If it turns out that your license is for version 3 and there is no information about later versions, you can get a discount on the upgrade fee by entering the license key for version 3 on the upgrade page in the AgileBits web store, here.

Let us know how this applies to your case. Perhaps my response will only generate additional questions, so be sure to post back if that's the case.

• keysweddingdj
    keysweddingdj
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Yes, i by looking at my old email i have 3, but i guess this computer has installed 5. my email is [email address deleted to protect privacy]. I think i could be happy with 4 but i dont know how to get rid of 5 and install 4. I know with the version of 5 I have It wont auto fill any forms or allow me to add cc as mentioned. Thank you.

Moderator edit: Email address deleted to protect users from inevitable spam. Flagged to AgileBits staff.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @keysweddingdj,

Sorry for the confusion about licenses! I think I can help to clear up a few things:

I think i could be happy with 4 but i dont know how to get rid of 5 and install 4.

If you bought your 1Password 3 for Mac license prior to 2013, 1Password 4/5 for Mac is a paid upgrade. So it won't help to switch from version 5 to version 4 because either way, it's a paid upgrade from version 3.

If you decide to upgrade, we do offer an upgrade discount - simply visit our Upgrade Store and enter your license code to see your upgrade discount and license options.

On the other hand, you can certainly go back to using 1Password 3 for Mac if you want to. You can download 1Password 3 for Mac from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site. If you're running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) on your Mac, please keep in mind there are some compatibility issues with 1Password 3, as Hawkmoth mentioned. You can find more information in this forum announcement, which is currently posted at the very top of the 1Password 3 for Mac forum: 1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

I know with the version of 5 I have It wont auto fill any forms or allow me to add cc as mentioned.

If the trial expired and you've already created 20 or more items in 1Password, you won't be able to add more items until you activate it with a license. I'm guessing that's the reason you aren't able to add a Credit Card item.

However, you should still be able to fill forms on websites using your existing Login, Credit Card, or Identity items, even if the trial has expired. What happens when you try to use the 1Password extension to fill a web form? Do you have the 1Password extension installed? If so, which version of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?

If you need more help, please let us know. Thanks! :)

ref: 593545

This discussion has been closed.