Need help registering my user key, I keep getting a error message

fabrod
fabrod
Community Member

I recently purchased a bundle from parallels software that came with 1password. when I try to download 1password through the link given to me I get an error message. I was able to install one password to my mac computer, but the link to activate the key comes up with "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" every time. does not let me activate.

Please help

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:mac app does not want to download

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fabrod,

Thanks for purchasing the Parallels bundle, and I'm sorry you're running into this error. You've come to the right place!

The error message you're describing is not necessarily related to downloading the license. In our records, I'm seeing that you have registered a license for 1Password 5 for Mac, and it's been downloaded (or at least the download link has been clicked) 12 times. I think it's possible that the license may already be applied; would you mind checking? Here's how to tell.

Regarding the "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" error message, I'd like to direct you to this post from my teammate sjk which outlines some steps that I believe may fix that error for you. If that doesn't do it, here are some more steps to try.

We look forward to hearing how it goes for you! :)

• fabrod
    fabrod
    Community Member

Hi Vee, I cannot even open the 1password app without getting the same error message. It immediately gives me the message and then the popup only give a option for "learn more" or "quit". Either selection i make immediately closes the app and I'm not able to access any of the menu items for the app.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@fabrod does the solution suggested in this AgileBits' post help at all?

Stephen

• Jacob
    edited December 2015

@fabrod Just wanted to check in with you here. Did the post that Stephen linked to help out? You don't need to open 1Password to try it. If it doesn't help, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.