I can't open 1Password since two days ago. I have the latest version and updates

buzz1932
buzz1932
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Mac

I have been getting update notices almost every day and I have downloaded them all. Now I cannot open the program at all. I cannot open anything that requires a password and that means I am dead in the water. Is Alex available to help me out? I really need to speak to someone and soon. Thank you, Roger Wasson

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:error-connect-to-mini, kb:remove-multiple-apps, kb:check-app-version

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@buzz1932 in order for us to be able to help you please give us some basic information about your setup. Please tell us:

• What version of 1P for Mac you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)—"latest version" seems to mean different things to different people and doesn't anyway tell us whether you're using the Mac App Store version or the AgileBits store version
    • Your OS X version number
    • Whether you see any error message when you try to launch 1Password and, if so, exactly what it says

Stephen

• Hey @buzz1932! We're happy to help you out with this, but we'll need a bit more info as Stephen mentioned. Could you post that so we have a better idea of what's going on? :)

• buzz1932
    buzz1932
    Community Member

I can't get on 1 password to get the info you are requesting. I can get 1pw on my iphone and my ipad but not my MAC. I have version 5.4.1 and "Obtained" Identified developer. 10.11.1 is my current version. I get no message. I get absolutely nothing on my MAC when I try opening 1PW. I believe Alex Hoffman in Trier down loaded !PW when I could not get a problem fixed and he did a great job taking over my MAC and getting the program up and running and that was over a year ago, perhaps two.

• buzz1932
    buzz1932
    Community Member

I just sent the info I had one minute ago. Roger

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @buzz1932,

If you're getting literally no error message at all, then I think a diagnostic report is the best route. It will tell us a bit about your system and with a little luck maybe the system log has some entry regarding this. So here is what I would like you to do for us please.

1. Reboot your Mac.
    2. Try launching 1Password so that the error message, if there is one, will be fresh in the logs.
    3. Create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.