I don't have Mail configured on my Mac, and can't set that up due to policy. Help?

stanhanks
stanhanks
Community Member

I'm trying to run the 1Password Troubleshooting app, as I'm having the dread "1Password is damaged and can't be opened" error. Which is a huge problem, as THAT'S THE ONLY PLACE SOME OF THESE PASSWORD EXIST. But I don't have Mail installed, so your troubleshooting app blows chunks. Not an auspicious beginning.

1Password Version: whatever current is, it won't open, duh
Extension Version: see prev questoin
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: default
Referrer: kb:diagnostics

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stanhanks,

Sorry for the confusion. I'm happy to say our Troubleshooting App does not blow chunks, in that you can still access the report even without Mail. If you click on the blue report icon, it will open a folder in a Finder window which should contain a .zip file of the report, which you can then attach to an email message in whatever email client you use.

But thank you for bringing our attention to the fact that we could improve the Diagnostics Report article in our knowledgebase to include this information. I'll relay this to our documentation team. :+1:

• @stanhanks I'm very much wondering how you were able to uninstall a system app. Usually they're protected and OS X won't let you remove them. Your phrasing of the issue is amusing though, so I appreciate that. :lol: To make sure the troubleshooting utility works properly when they Mail app isn't present, we'll need a bit more info as to what your setup is. Are you using a different email client, or none at all? The Mail app usually manages the default email client on OS X, so if it's not there the OS may not know what to use for sending and therefore we can't either since the troubleshooting app pulls it from the OS' list. Of course, things may be different so if you could fill us in with the details that'd be great. :)

As for the damaged error, I would recommend referring to this post for an idea of why that's happening and how to fix it. We shouldn't need a diagnostic report from you to get things up and running again. That post should cover everything. Let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.