My android can not sync to iPhone backup in Dropbox. It does not see the iPhone sync files.

bakuhn
bakuhn
Community Member

I've created login files for various banks n my iPhone 6 and did a sync to Dropbox and can see the files under apps/1password just fine. However when I try to sync my android to share these files, it fails and give a message of files not found when I point it to the apps/1password directory.

If I creat a login file on the droid and sync it to Dropbox, the sync files look totally different from the iPhone files leading me to think these are not compatible and can't share sync files.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:iOS and android files not compatible, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• mobilepundits
    mobilepundits
    Community Member

What do I do if I lost my phone or can't sign in using two-step verification? Can I sign out ... How do I get Dropbox crash logs from my iPhone or iPad?

• Hey @bakuhn. It sounds like you recently created the vault from your iPhone, in which case it's syncing an OPVault with Dropbox. 1Password on Android uses the Agile Keychain format for Dropbox and local storage sync. We don’t support the OPVault format for these sync methods yet, but this is something that we are planning on looking into that soon.

That said, Wi-Fi sync on Android uses an internal version of the OPVault, so if you prefer to use the OPVault format, you can switch to Wi-Fi sync on Android, if you also have your vault on a Mac or PC.
    https://support.1password.com/guides/android/wifi.html

Otherwise, I recommend switching to the Agile Keychain and syncing that with Dropbox. Then you should be able to select the vault in Dropbox. You'll need to switch formats using a Mac or PC. Can you let me know if you have access to either type of computer?

@mobilepundits, Can you please let me know if you're having trouble logging into the Dropbox app, or to 1Password? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.