Big Security Issue, with the 1Password Accessiblity Service

Options
ntimo
ntimo
Community Member
edited December 2015 in Android

Hello,

on my encryted nexus 6p i just noticed that the 1pw accessiblilty service will turn of the option to have a boot password. And there is no way to get arround that. So android basicly resets the fulldisk encrytion password to the default password witch makes the encrytion useless. So please find a way to fix this. Because its important.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for bringing this up. We go over this in our support article and we also explain how to resolve it on your device. Please have a read through the article and let us know if you have any questions. Cheers!

https://support.1password.com/android-automatic-filling/

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    Options

@saad thanks. I turned of the service. But it makes me sad that I can't have both.

• @ntimo You should be able to enable both options. However, the 1Password accessibility service will not be useable on the lock screen due to encryption. I don't see this as a problem for the 1Password Keyboard because you are unlikely to use it on the lock screen anyways, so feel free to enable the accessibility service again. :)

This does become more important for other accessibility services like TalkBack, as you want these services to work on the lock screen. Let me know if that makes sense!

This discussion has been closed.