Incorrect Master Password entered causes Mac to crash and reboot

Options
Advmoto
Advmoto
Community Member

I looked back through several pages and saw no similar write-up.

MacBook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.1.

If I incorrectly enter the master password in 1Password, my Mac crashes and reboots. After a reboot, if I enter the correct master password, 1Password does not recognize the password as being correct.

I have to shutdown my computer and then start it up for 1Password to accept the correct master password.

I noted the Beta version is available from the web site. Since I only use iCloud for the "Find My iPhone" feature. I presume if I download and install the Beta version, 1Password might behave better with El Capitan by the "Find My iPhone" feature will not function. I furter assume the iCloud issue will be corrected when the Beta version is released to iTunes and the Apple App Store.

If I download and install the Beta version, when Beta version is released to the Apple App Store, the migration from using the Beta version to the new App Store version will be seamless?

Thanks for any info. The above problem is only a minor nuisance due to my poor typing skills.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Advmoto! This is a strange issue indeed. It's not something you should need to be using the beta version to fix, because it's not an issue that we've seen in the stable one. The first thing I'm curious about is whether your Master Password has any special, non-ASCII characters. Or are there any obscure ones in there when you mistype it? Also, what version of the app are you using right now?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I wonder if this is an older Mac and there is a graphics issue with the failed password jiggly animation?

• Advmoto
    Advmoto
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the replies.

My MacBook Pro is a late 2011 build with a Intel HD Graphics 3000 card. I have never had an issue with the card.

My master password does not have any special characters. I used the random word generator recommended in the 1Password setup article using random numbers.

I am using 1Password version 10.11.1.

Thanks again for the help!

• Advmoto
    Advmoto
    Community Member
    Options

And when I enter the incorrect master password, it is usually an incorrect letter and thus, misspelled word.

• @Advmoto 10.11.1 is actually the version of OS X you're likely using. The version of the app is in 1Password > About 1Password in the menu bar when the app is open. ;) That being said, to figure out what's going on I'd like you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you send the email, post back here with the BitBot confirmation number you receive a few minutes after sending. That will help us connect the dots. :)

• Advmoto
    Advmoto
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about the version number, that is actually my OS.

1Password is version 5.4.1

I am not seeing any updates to this version.

• Advmoto
    Advmoto
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again for the help!

For your reference, your support ID is [#IHU-45989-683]

• @Advmoto Thanks for sending that over. We'll get back to you as soon as possible. :)

ref: #IHU-45989-683

This discussion has been closed.